Fixed Switch

ctdair

150+ Posts
May 29, 2016
oberlin
Several threads here and other forums on cleaning a failed clutch switch. I missed the ability to start in gear because clutch not being recognized by ecm as being pulled in. Basically open switch housing and liberally flush with contact cleaner. What was invaluable to help verify operation was a post I found here. I will attach screenshot , I should have saved link to the thread but wasn’t thinking. First few shots of cleaning and operation didn’t succeed 3rd big blast cleaner did the trick. Pretty cool being able to see the switch change of state. Too bad my brakes haven’t been this ez. Waiting on new rotors.

IMG_4763.png

Several threads here and other forums on cleaning a failed clutch switch. I missed the ability to start in gear because clutch not being recognized by ecm as being pulled in. Basically open switch housing and liberally flush with contact cleaner. What was invaluable to help verify operation was a post I found here. I will attach screenshot , I should have saved link to the thread but wasn’t thinking. First few shots of cleaning and operation didn’t succeed 3rd big blast cleaner did the trick. Pretty cool being able to see the switch change of state. Too bad my brakes haven’t been this ez. Waiting on new rotors.

View attachment 117825
This is a good thread with a pictorial

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Highwayman 90

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Highwayman 90
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png