Has this happened to everyone...

We have used Spam-O-Matic for many years and it helps, but it is outdated technology, and we do ban certain ip ranges, but there are many ways to get around that. Hackers use proxy servers, VPNs and TOR. There is just no way to keep them out, at least not with our level of security software and we have pretty good stuff.

Sites like ours are unique and make for a prime target because our membership consists of senior citizens perceived to have high accumulated wealth, who are known to use outdated technology, older un-secure browsers and antivirus protection and easy to remember passwords (that they often forget). Two thirds of senior citizens have been the victim or target of an online scam. http://chestertownspy.org/2017/03/0...o-thirds-of-seniors-have-been-scammed-online/ Do NOT click on any link that looks suspicious, whether in a post on the forum or a post via PM. Report any message that looks suspicious.

Please bear with me, I will come up with a best option for getting this resolved, but for now I had to bandaid it. At the moment I have a lot on my plate. I am dealing with a family member crisis in Alabama that has needed me there and I am slammed at work with multiple trike builds. Trike kits and parts I have needed to complete a couple of the builds were shipped but not able to get into Houston due to the terminals flooding and were returned to the factories so this has put be behind on a couple of them and my customers are understandably not happy right now. I am praying for Grace and understanding for what is beyond my control, but some people do not want to hear it.

I'm sure everyone on this forum understands......And if they don't understand, Like Marie A once said ...Let them eat Cake....

Zook,,,

Ever since Jack has started posting the daily birthdays, just for funsies and because there's a LOT of the names I have never seen post anything, I see a LOT of them are just garbage. For instance, in today's birthdays there is one named ittycahvs6629 described as first name Man, from Malaysia and his current ride is AnthonyRorPJ....

REALLY?

He joined 8/06/17 and has never posted anything.

I have run across quite a few weird ones like this on the birthday list and highly suspect that they are not legit.

Todays birthdays have always been posted for years.... Right under ;Top 20 Thread posters....:Shrug: I was on another forum and it had a feature you can click on with a list of members in alphabetical order , And how many times that member has posted, Quite a few as in a lot, Never even posted once... :Shrug: And 25% less than 5 times..

Todays birthdays have always been posted for years.... Right under ;Top 20 Thread posters....:Shrug: I was on another forum and it had a feature you can click on with a list of members in alphabetical order , And how many times that member has posted, Quite a few as in a lot, Never even posted once... :Shrug: And 25% less than 5 times..

Can someone give me a 'Security Clearance' to go in and clean out the spammers? I can do a pick and remove of the ones that are in hiding and waiting to attack.

Good info here by the twos of yous;)

Val,

Any member can also review the entire member listing by clicking the "Community" tab at the top of the page, then click "Member List".

I have attached just a small sampling of spammer names from the member list. Some of these spammers may have already been banned:

aadamasaarleya9180

07-02-2017

aalexeydrk9770

06-16-2017

aalexeymaarlyay3916

07-25-2017

aalexytivanov9331

06-07-2017

aangeasttsa2096

03-30-2017

aangelasjniory4971

07-03-2017

aannataarley1695

06-22-2017

aanntaeshtolze7952

06-08-2017

Your request for administrative access cannot be done through the moderators.

Val,

Any member can also review the entire member listing by clicking the "Community" tab at the top of the page, then click "Member List".

I have attached just a small sampling of spammer names from the member list. Some of these spammers may have already been banned:

aadamasaarleya9180

07-02-2017

aalexeydrk9770

06-16-2017

aalexeymaarlyay3916

07-25-2017

aalexytivanov9331

06-07-2017

aangeasttsa2096

03-30-2017

aangelasjniory4971

07-03-2017

aannataarley1695

06-22-2017

aanntaeshtolze7952

06-08-2017

Your request for administrative access cannot be done through the moderators.

Double AA......Seems to be a key....:Shrug:

Great work everyone, Go get them guys. Give them a taste of their own medicine, set them up and give them a virus and knock them out.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvester

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvester
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png