How OLD are you...... really!

Tried searching for "old" and "age" and nothing came up. From reading lots of posts on the board, and 'knowing' some of you from the "other" trike boards I know that most of us aren't spring chickens anymore. Lots of us have migrated from 2 wheels to 3 cause we ain't gettin any younger, BUT are much too young for a rocking chair.

Sooooo, I'll start. I'm 66 ( 11-11-1945) Added the 3rd wheel this year after 50+ years enjoying 2. Wife is 59. Became a triker in 09 after 15 years on 2 wheels.

59 1/2 years old and eligible to start withdrawing from my 401(k). Yippee, I could sure use the extra $10 per week.
I still have motorcycles but the wife doesn't trust me not to kill her on one so we got the trike. She really enjoys it. I want to hate it, but dang it, it's a pretty sweet ride.

66, Went to trikes almost 4 years ago, so i could ride all winter.
I still keep a two wheeler for occasional rides, Just can't get two wheelers out of my system. [but it's getting close]

59 3/4 have bad knee and got the trike before we fell over at a stop sign or something on the road king. ma know feels safer and so do I and I like the radio,cruise and bling that go with it. still have the wind in my face so it does't get any better than that.

I'm 45. Had dirt bikes from 7 years old until 14. Then had a pin in put my hip cause it was "bending" (no kidding) when I was 15. Bought a bike when I was 18 cause all my friends had em and sold it 2 months later. Haven't rode one since cause I can't put my feet down without pressing my legs against the pipes (my legs don't move like yours). Just bought a trike cause I'm tired of doing without.

I turned 47 in May, I took delivery of my 2010 Triglide August 2009 while I was 45 years old. No disabilities putting me on a trike, I choose a trike to allow my wife to move around more while on long trips, her one knee gets stiff due to little cartilage left in it. I still own and ride the 2006 Ultra Classic I bought September 2005 which has was my traveling bike and now my around town and short trip play toy.

I am 57. Seems like the 55 to 68 bracket is pretty common here. My sweet wife was not comfortable on 2 wheels anymore. We are very happy with 3. Have just as much fun and way more comfortable and she can load it up with more crap. Have had a lotta fun upgradin' and blingin' it out. She will go ride anytime as long as it is not too cold.

Turned 65 last June. Back problems forced me to a trike. Wife and I are very happy with the trike, should of went 3 wheels some time ago.
Butch

Both of us are 52. I've been riding since I was 12. I think my Triglide makes 14 or 15 motorcycles. I've started to lose count. We have absolutely no medical reasons to switch. I ride a trike because I WANT to. I finally can afford to own one. I make no excuses. TRIKES ARE COOL and that's why I own and ride a trike. LIFE IS GOOD. It's even better on a trike.

64 yrs old. Been looking at trikes for past 4 or 5 yrs. Didn't need it for medical reasons, just liked them. 2 yrs ago had colon, gall bladder, part of stomach, part of pancreas and part of small intestine removed. Strength and balance became an issue. Bought the TG last Feb. It's my thirteenth bike. First HD and first trike. Took a few weeks to grow on me but really lovin it now.

50. Been riding 2 for 30 years.1 1/2 years ago felt like a change with a couple hundred thousand miles under my belt. also, not as stable as I used to be...physically. Too late for mentally. Still have 2 2 wheelers for some local. used to ride 2 in snow. much easier on 3 now. The wife loves 3 also.

I'm 60, got the trike because Joan couldn't ride on the Lowrider any longer. She says it is more comfortable than the SUV or the truck. She falls asleep on the back sometimes. Think I'am going to have to bungee her in.

64 years for me and 57 for the wife (I'll get killed for that). On our 2nd trike and wouldn't go back to 2 for nothing. This thing is great and as much or more fun than anything I've ever owned.

Sam

I'm 60 wife 55. I have rumatoid arthritis and was having trouble keeping Ultra up when riding 2 up, went back to a trike we had one before but had trouble getting over the 2 wheel thing. Should have kept the one I had but shure do like this 2011 Tri Glide. George

+

70 1/2 Been riding for years (can't count 'em) 2009 had two serious wrecks on a two wheeler (yamaha roadstar) Tried a goldwing trike for a year. Loved the trike but hated the goldwing. Sold it and now have a Honda VTX 1300 that I enjoy riding as a two wheeler, but plan on a roadsmith conversion as soon as I can work it into the budget.
It's all about riding and at my age with weakness, slower reflexes and less eyesight, I just feel safer on the trike.
Really like long distance touring, and the trike allows you to be more relaxed and able to enjoy the wind and the view.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roadrunner1

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roadrunner1
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png