Howdy from Montana

Right off I gotta tell you that we bought the FLHXXX trike for the wife and she does 95% of the riding it. However, I do all the scheduled maintenance and the mods. Then of course after the mods I have to make some short test runs to make sure it's safe and running good. That's where my joining this forum comes in. Came across it while researching some possible mods and it looks to be a friendly bunch with some good imformation to boot. I currently ride a 2009 FLHTCUSE 110 and a 2010 Road King. The wife (Kay) has ridden well beyond 300,000 miles on the back seat of my bikes. But after the HD Tri-Glides hit the roads in 2009 we saw a lot of them on our tour to and back from the Natchez Trace Trail and she asked for the FLHXXX in mid August of 09.

Two weeks of training starting with empty parking lots to backstreets, to highways and she was ready for a 3 day Labor day weekend run of 1100 miles and I was proud as a peacock. She did excellent and has 16,543 miles to date. Not bad since weather has been too lousy to ride but very little since last October here in MT. I was a certified Motorcycle Trainer for about ten years, so I felt quite comfortable training her and she was an excellent student because she was determined to impress. One thing you'll learn about me is that I love to discuss motorcycles or Trikes and I'm kind of long winded sometimes so I'll give ya a break and stop here for now. Let me just say that we both love to ride and I enjoy doing the standard maintenance and the simple to intermedaite mods.

Hey, welcome to Trike talk. I've been East of you once when I was taking the scenic route out to Sturgis. Ran out of gas after I got off highway for Little Big Horn. luckily I was packing an extra gallon.

Right off I gotta tell you that we bought the FLHXXX trike for the wife and she does 95% of the riding it. However, I do all the scheduled maintenance and the mods. Then of course after the mods I have to make some short test runs to make sure it's safe and running good. That's where my joining this forum comes in. Came across it while researching some possible mods and it looks to be a friendly bunch with some good imformation to boot. I currently ride a 2009 FLHTCUSE 110 and a 2010 Road King. The wife (Kay) has ridden well beyond 300,000 miles on the back seat of my bikes. But after the HD Tri-Glides hit the roads in 2009 we saw a lot of them on our tour to and back from the Natchez Trace Trail and she asked for the FLHXXX in mid August of 09.

Two weeks of training starting with empty parking lots to backstreets, to highways and she was ready for a 3 day Labor day weekend run of 1100 miles and I was proud as a peacock. She did excellent and has 16,543 miles to date. Not bad since weather has been too lousy to ride but very little since last October here in MT. I was a certified Motorcycle Trainer for about ten years, so I felt quite comfortable training her and she was an excellent student because she was determined to impress. One thing you'll learn about me is that I love to discuss motorcycles or Trikes and I'm kind of long winded sometimes so I'll give ya a break and stop here for now. Let me just say that we both love to ride and I enjoy doing the standard maintenance and the simple to intermedaite mods.

welcome aboard Moonrunner glad you joined us.

Last edited:
A big TrikeTalk welcome to you and your wife! Hope we can get acquainted in person at some point :)

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daddy Lew
Back