I'm one of 1,700!

Jun 2, 2010
Starkville, MS
I am one of the 1,700 Lowe's managers that are no longer employed by the company. If there is anyone else on this forum that was terminated yesterday, know that you are not alone here.

It looks like I may have to sell my trike if I can't find something pretty quick. So far, all I have found are jobs that pay less than half of what I was making. Time will tell...:AGGHH:

I am one of the 1,700 Lowe's managers that are no longer employed by the company. If there is anyone else on this forum that was terminated yesterday, know that you are not alone here.

It looks like I may have to sell my trike if I can't find something pretty quick. So far, all I have found are jobs that pay less than half of what I was making. Time will tell...:AGGHH:

Sarge, so sorry to hear this. Did Lowes lay off 1700 managers????

Not to worry-Just like GM's creative book keeping to get rid of all their component divisions, ship every job possible over seas and steal you tax money, they will return to the #2 position closing in on #1.
Wait, sorry that doesn't help any of the 1,700 loyal employees that were fired does it.
I have to keep trying to be funny(poor job) when I read/hear of things like this or I could lose my mind completely.
I am sorry for you and wish you well.
At least I still receive about 50% of the pension I earned in 40yrs w/GM but, lost my health care completely. There are those who lost it all.
My signature line says it all!

Both my sons were store managers for TOYS R US. Both lost their jobs as well as many other store managers. Sorry to hear about your situation. You need to remember that you didn't get to where you were by accident.

Both my sons found other well paying jobs, it took them a few months, they just didn't give up.

Thanks for the encouraging words. I have found a couple of opportunities, but they pay about 1/2 of what I was making. I would take both of them if I could actually work both of them, but the required hours overlap each other. I have one more option that is coming up Monday. It looks a little better, but is still well below what I was making.

I'm not going to just sit and wait on something to come to me. I have never been unemployed since I was 14 and I don't plan on staying this way long.

That is the generation we are from. I was unemployed for 8 weeks (first time in my life) collected for 8 weeks and then they had the nerve to ask for it back. After 46 years of never being unemployed... well guess what they didn't get it. You will find a job and it will be one that finds you.

We have 7 managers in our place a store mgr an assistant mgr 2 floor mgrs and 3 zone mgrs.. what were you?

I was a Zone Manager. I guess your store is losing 2 managers? I'm guessing this because I was told the most managers a store would have is (1) store manager and (4) asst mgrs. The only exception is suppose to be if you have a store manager in training at your location.

Sorry for your lost job. Been there myself and now completely retired. In todays world it seems that companies ditch people that's been with the company for a while and then hire in lower paid newbies. I believe they also do this stuff to avoid paying pensions and perhaps health care.
It's all about the bottom line.
Good luck to all who've lost jobs getting new ones that will support you & family.
Larry

All of our zone managers are now just assistant managers. We lost one Zone manager as the assistant manager was dropped down . Seems to me the same thing , because the assistant managers are now in charge of areas is not that what a Zone mgr was ?
The girl that was my Zone MGR talked to us last night.She didn't sound like it effected her pay wise ....I don't think she took a cut.

John, if she was a Zone and is now an Assist, she probably got a pay RAISE. At least that is what I'm understanding. If so, and she doesn't want that extra cash, tell her to send it to me.

I went through this same type thing 2 years ago. never unemployed since 15 years old etc. I found a very satisying job but lost about 40 % of my income. Just learn to adapt...... holding good thoughts for you on your search.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drew73

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drew73
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png