In search of opinions

rogerm60

30+ Posts
May 30, 2015
Round Top, TX
I would like to hear from the 2022 - 2023 Goldwing DCT owners on their overall opinion of the bike / trike. Which trike conversion you selected and why? How does the DCT perform when triked? How is the fuel MPG? Would you recommend the upgrade from a 2015 Roadsmith to a 2023 GW DCT with a trike conversion? Thank you for guys for providing your opinions.

I would like to hear from the 2022 - 2023 Goldwing DCT owners on their overall opinion of the bike / trike. Which trike conversion you selected and why? How does the DCT perform when triked? How is the fuel MPG? Would you recommend the upgrade from a 2015 Roadsmith to a 2023 GW DCT with a trike conversion? Thank you for guys for providing your opinions.

If you want any oppions from the only specialized GL1800 repair shop in the world, let me know. We are not a trike builder, but we do get to work on many of them.

I have a Roadsmith TRIKE, on my 2010 Goldwing (I know it's not a 22-23 model) BUT so far, sooooooo good after three season of usage...

BUT

also be advised that I truly baby my bike, and treat it well.......... (I also follow Goldwing Gregg's recommendations) to the Tee ( I only wish that I lived in Florida instead of Massachusetts, cause Gregg would be my fix it man!!)

and I am an Oil & Filter changeOHLIC.................. I feel that oil is the blood of my motor. So it get changed very often.....

Ronnie

12/27/23

Being no newer wings have answered, I will say our 18 DCT Goldwing with CSC Encore Trike kit rides and handles very nice. It shifts ok, but I usually do it manually anyways.

Power is there, but the only thing on mine is in a strong wind I have to be in 6th gear, as you catch a lot of wind, with the trike kit. I could be in 7th but it will be doggy, so I drop to 6th and have all kinds of power. I am talking a 30+ mph wind. Doesn't matter front or side wind.

You will want a different seat other than the stock Honda seat. We went Russel Day Long with sunbrella top and wouldn't have anything else.

Forgot to add, we had a 2010 Goldwing with a CSC Cobra XL kit on it and got the 18 DCT with CSC Encore kit.

Haven't regretted it at all. Nicer ride and handling on the 18.

Trike kits are a personal choice. We like CSC and others like some other brands. I won't cut another brand down as each has good and bad sides.

If you can, try to ride different trike kits and brands.

You want independent rear and also a raked front end or some call it easy steer. It makes a world of difference.

I consistently get 30-40 mpg, usually hangs around 35. It all depends on terrain, speed, and wind.

Good luck and any questions you have, feel free to ask.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ronjon

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ronjon
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png