knobby front tire

Jan 5, 2022
Buena Vista
recently converted a suzuki Vstrom (adventure style bike) with a outrigger kit, the bike has a like new knobby tire on front and Im wondering if replacing to a more highway tire would help,especially with steering ??

recently converted a suzuki Vstrom (adventure style bike) with a outrigger kit, the bike has a like new knobby tire on front and Im wondering if replacing to a more highway tire would help,especially with steering ??

Have you taken it up to highway speeds ….?..My experience with knobby’s is that at low speeds they will rattle you fillings.. Once at speed they will run relatively smoother.

When i used to ride ATC’s down the middle of abandoned railway tracks if you ran over the ties too slow the ride was brutal. Once you picked up some speed the ride wasn’t too bad..

Have you taken it up to highway speeds ….?..My experience with knobby’s is that at low speeds they will rattle you fillings.. Once at speed they will run relatively smoother.

When i used to ride ATC’s down the middle of abandoned railway tracks if you ran over the ties too slow the ride was brutal. Once you picked up some speed the ride wasn’t too bad..

only about 55 so far as Im still tweaking a few things-----one of them is tweaking my brain to realizing 50 years on 2 wheels doesnt apply here LOL

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2011Case

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2011Case
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png