MPG on Your Trikes

A lot depends on where you ride also. I get an average of 36mpg chasing around the flatlands but that goes up to 40 or better at higher elevations. I have done as well at 48 in the Rockys. GL1800 Endeavor trike. Before triking I got 3mpg better on average.

1 and 2 up cruising the 2 lanes and back roads around Southern Indiana I get 36-39.

I got on I65 and run 70-80 for quite a bit and it dropped to 32 but that was the only time so far.

I will know more when we ride down to Gatlinburg later this month.

Bob

Always ride 2 up on our 2016 Tri-Glide. I don't check the mileage much but when I have it's been 32 to 34. Since we are talking about it I will start checking it more.

Jack, 44? Wow

Yup, The M8 or I say the 4Head is amazing, thanks to D K Customs

I dunno how much more it will take BUT I am very HAPPY

It cools down right quick too Moochooo better than the Twin Cam

Today I saw 324 temp No pinging or spark knocks

In traffic, on the road it settled back to 300 fast :Shrug:

Okay ... I got a couple of tanks of fuel under my belt, so I thought I'd chime in. I was a little leery about what the mileage would be in a big trike like the Gold Wing. But, I decided I really wanted the comfort and size of the Wing.

I was pleasantly surprised. I have done 600+ miles since buying this trike and am averaging 35.6 mpg. All the riding was in town. I haven't driven the Jeep since I bought the trike ... :D ... looking forward to going out on the road and seeing what I get.

If my math is correct....

244.75 Miles on 5.5 gal....I didn't figure the miles at 6 gal. Cause you don't want to run out.. But either way thats fantastic...

By the way does your Freewheeler have a digital tachometer...:Shrug:

Yes it does, with theDynoJet Tuner ALL the gauges including the tach came alive changing constantly in real time. The HD gauges are poor at best from watching the screen on the tuner I can see it all now

Solo, on normal Roads here in Bavaria with 60 MPH and some hillclimbing on pretty windy and verry small streets in the Alps about 43 MPG, seems to be a little bit less then with the factory setting - TGU 2015 with SE 259E Cam Kit and Penzl exhaust

Yes it does, with theDynoJet Tuner ALL the gauges including the tach came alive changing constantly in real time. The HD gauges are poor at best from watching the screen on the tuner I can see it all now

Thanks, I was wondering how you could tell the RPM's that precise , With my 17 T/G seeing the RPM's is guess work at best....:Shrug:

Traded in my 11T/G and the Gunner....Yep i love it, The 107 is a whole different animal then the 103...Much more power right out of the box. The Trike its self rides much smoother...I am going to miss the mechanical reverse i put in the 11...

I would like that reverse, But the M8 is WAYYYYY better than the 15 103 IMO I luv mine

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pjslack1981
Back