MPG on Your Trikes

I ride 2 up all the time, I average 32 MPG on a two lane highway's running 60-67 around 2600 to 3000 RPM. If I'm running into a headwind my MPG will drop.

On interstate I average 25 to 26 MPG running 76 MPH around 3400 RPM and MPG will drop if running into a head wind.

I had a bad dyno tune at a dealership, I was only getting 18 MPG on interstate running 76 MPH around 3400 RPM. On two lane highway's I was getting 25 MPG running 55-67 MPH around 2600-2900 RPM.

While trying to figure out why my MPG was so terrible, visiting with a Harley Davidson service manager, he mentioned that my AFR was set very rich through the dyno run. If you have a dealer tune on a dyno, make sure the tuner knows what they are doing. The dealership that tuned my trike sold and changed ownership so the new owners couldn't do anything about the dyno tune.

We cussed and discussed my options, went over what voids the HD warranty. That is another story in itself, we decided to remove the Vance and Hines dresser duals which were installed by the dealer where I bought my Tri Glide. Went back to the factory exhaust, took out the TTS tune, flashed a HD factory tune.

After my factory HD warranty is up I will change the exhaust, install the TTS and dyno tune with a reputable tuner, hoping to gain a few MPG.

I had just rode back from the HOG rally in Ardmore, OK on interstate running 76 MPH around 3400 RPM. There was a good tail wind I averaged 36 MPG until I turned west and the wind changed.

I ride 2 up all the time, I average 32 MPG on a two lane highway's running 60-67 around 2600 to 3000 RPM. If I'm running into a headwind my MPG will drop.

On interstate I average 25 to 26 MPG running 76 MPH around 3400 RPM and MPG will drop if running into a head wind.

I had a bad dyno tune at a dealership, I was only getting 18 MPG on interstate running 76 MPH around 3400 RPM. On two lane highway's I was getting 25 MPG running 55-67 MPH around 2600-2900 RPM.

While trying to figure out why my MPG was so terrible, visiting with a Harley Davidson service manager, he mentioned that my AFR was set very rich through the dyno run. If you have a dealer tune on a dyno, make sure the tuner knows what they are doing. The dealership that tuned my trike sold and changed ownership so the new owners couldn't do anything about the dyno tune.

We cussed and discussed my options, went over what voids the HD warranty. That is another story in itself, we decided to remove the Vance and Hines dresser duals which were installed by the dealer where I bought my Tri Glide. Went back to the factory exhaust, took out the TTS tune, flashed a HD factory tune.

After my factory HD warranty is up I will change the exhaust, install the TTS and dyno tune with a reputable tuner, hoping to gain a few MPG.

I had just rode back from the HOG rally in Ardmore, OK on interstate running 76 MPH around 3400 RPM. There was a good tail wind I averaged 36 MPG until I turned west and the wind changed.

That is Good mileage now

I wonder why your dealer opted for the Way Too lean HD download rather than take advantage of the TTS Tuner that is better than any thing HD offers. Many dealers were using these tuners along with IMO the better Power Vision Tuner. Ask your dealer again, this can be dialed in either with or with out a Dyno JMO

I run a Power Vision on my 17 Freewheeler and am @ 44.72 up running a bit rich but I like it

Least I know I have more fuel even with gutted Stock Mufflers and an Outlaw Air Cleaner from D K Customs

Talk to Kevin @ D K or see him here for more info

MPG

I have A 2011 tri glide, and always ride 2 up tuner headers and complete exhaust , and K & N air . I drive sane most of the time, and now get about 38 to 40 mpg as long as I drive it sanely Mt. driving, about 35 to 36

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daddy Lew
Back