Need some advice on Trike fit

Update

Hi Trike Lady,

I contacted two independents about my bars. One did not get back with me and the other's price was the same as the dealer. It looks like I'll be taking a ride down to East Orlando Harley. I just don't know when that will be. Life's been kind of crazy lately:D .

Update 2

Well, finally, I hope to be getting my new HD Bagger Reach bars installed this weekend :clapping:. I was able to try these out and know that they will work for me. After countless phone calls to 5 separate dealers, hearing about which bars will fit and which won't, trying to schedule a trip down to Orlando and getting nowhere, I've decided to just bite the bullet and stay local. I have an email request for service in for a Saturday morning appointment :D. I hate waiting for an email response but my hands are tied. I have lost my phone :gah:. The secretary (?) emailed me back right away and told me the parts manager would email me back with my appointment time. Let the waiting begin.

Thanks for everyone's help. This is a truly great site. I will post pictures when all this is done.

Well, finally, I hope to be getting my new HD Bagger Reach bars installed this weekend :clapping:. I was able to try these out and know that they will work for me. After countless phone calls to 5 separate dealers, hearing about which bars will fit and which won't, trying to schedule a trip down to Orlando and getting nowhere, I've decided to just bite the bullet and stay local. I have an email request for service in for a Saturday morning appointment :D. I hate waiting for an email response but my hands are tied. I have lost my phone :gah:. The secretary (?) emailed me back right away and told me the parts manager would email me back with my appointment time. Let the waiting begin.

Thanks for everyone's help. This is a truly great site. I will post pictures when all this is done.

Good deal, write up how nice your new bars feel

Ride Safe and Smart

Well, I didn't receive an email to set up my service appointment yesterday :gah:. On the bright side though, I found my phone so I will take care of it this morning :D. I'm going to take some before and after pictures and post them here when all this is finished.

Finally........

......the Harley Batwing Reach Bars are in :banana-mac: Harley was here to pick up my trike and get the work done.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

I thought they would bring a trailer but.....I've never seen this contraption before.

I didn't have a ride home in order to drop the trike off so they offered to come get it. I'm hoping for a call later this afternoon or tomorrow morning to say it's finished. We'll see.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    496.8 KB · Views: 160
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    478.2 KB · Views: 171
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    813.5 KB · Views: 171
......the Harley Batwing Reach Bars are in :banana-mac: Harley was here to pick up my trike and get the work done.

View attachment 48798

View attachment 48799

View attachment 48800

View attachment 48801

I thought they would bring a trailer but.....I've never seen this contraption before.

I didn't have a ride home in order to drop the trike off so they offered to come get it. I'm hoping for a call later this afternoon or tomorrow morning to say it's finished. We'll see.

Yep, My dealer has the same type of contraption....Makes it so much easer and faster to pick up and to deliver a trike....ThumbUp

You guys in Florida are spoiled! LOL

In NH, we have to ride to the dealer, with a fignificant other flowing you, if it is going to stay over night, and drop the trike off!

WOW, I guess I need to come to Florida and live, stop visiting for a few months!

Rosy

That's one heck of a loading system, beats dragging a trailer. Let us know how the new bars work out. I had the feeling someone out there had to know how to do the job, it was just finding them. :clapping:

It's Finished

At long last, I have my Triglide back with new Batwing Reach Bars and new grips installed :clapping: My dealer really came through for me. I was frustrated in the beginning because it was taking so long but in the end, it all worked out great :D They gave me a reasonable price. I paid just over $500 for bars, grips and installation. They even replaced my shift linkage that the chrome had failed on (warrantee). Here are some before and after pics.

Before/ After

image.jpeg image.jpeg

image.jpeg image.jpeg

image.jpeg image.jpeg

They look great :D I'm very happy with them. I got to ride around a little this weekend between the rain storms. What a difference! I sit more upright, I'm more comfortable and I can now use my backrest :clapping:. Also, I feel more in control. Having to lean way forward to steer is not ideal.

Thanks for for all the advice guys. I'll say it again......This is the best site ever :D.

Last edited:
Carol, they look really good. Was worth the wait I guess.

Are those the HD Get-A Grip grips? I really like mine. I didn't know they came in black/chrome until after I got the all black ones.

Can you tell me where you got your fringes for the clutch and brake levers? I had some just like those on my Fatboy about ten years ago and can't seem to find ones like them again.

Thanks guys :clapping:. I'm very happy.

Bill, yes they are Get-a-Grip grips. They are much more comfortable than stock. I got my fringes online from Chilhowee Motorcycle Leather. They are very good quality :D.

Glad to see you enjoying the changes.

Comfort is so important in the whole bike or trike experience...can either turn you on or turn you off.

:clapping:

Well CONGRATS Carol :clapping:

I think they look really good :). So are those 10 inch Bars ?

What is the bandanna on the Bars for ?

Now you have to let us know how the feel on a longer ride when you get a chance.

Enjoy them an I KNOW you will now that riding will be more comfortable for you :)...

Rick.........

Thanks guys :clapping:. I'm very happy.

Bill, yes they are Get-a-Grip grips. They are much more comfortable than stock. I got my fringes online from Chilhowee Motorcycle Leather. They are very good quality :D.

Thanks so much. As soon as I got on their web site, I realized they were where I got my first set. New ones on order.:clapping:

Maybe you could have your husband take a picture of you on your trike like the first one in this thread so we can see how much closer the bars are to you.

I hope you enjoy your new bars and grips for many miles. Stay safe while riding and also during the hurricane.

At long last, I have my Triglide back with new Batwing Reach Bars and new grips installed :clapping: My dealer really came through for me. I was frustrated in the beginning because it was taking so long but in the end, it all worked out great :D They gave me a reasonable price. I paid just over $500 for bars, grips and installation. They even replaced my shift linkage that the chrome had failed on (warrantee). Here are some before and after pics.

Before/ After

View attachment 48971 View attachment 48972

View attachment 48973 View attachment 48974

View attachment 48975 View attachment 48976

They look great :D I'm very happy with them. I got to ride around a little this weekend between the rain storms. What a difference! I sit more upright, I'm more comfortable and I can now use my backrest :clapping:. Also, I feel more in control. Having to lean way forward to steer is not ideal.

Thanks for for all the advice guys. I'll say it again......This is the best site ever :D.

Very nice enjoy the comfort, they look really great.:clapping: Keep us posted on how they work out.;) ride safe Fred

carol the most important thing is that you are happy and they work for you. The cost and everyone elses thoughts are secondary. Ride safe

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HomeFree

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HomeFree
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png