New to trike

AriNV

20+ Posts
Apr 19, 2024
Las Vegas, NV, USA
Good morning,

A little bit of introduction. I am pre-retiring and decided to give trikes a try. I am in my higher 60s, an airplane spotter, and thought that the best way for me to do that would be by using a trike. I hope to be able to contribute to the community.

I'm not sure if I should post this here or in a different thread but I already have a question. Should I start with a "small" trike (Ryker) or should I go directly to what I really want (Spyder)?

Ari

Good morning,

A little bit of introduction. I am pre-retiring and decided to give trikes a try. I am in my higher 60s, an airplane spotter, and thought that the best way for me to do that would be by using a trike. I hope to be able to contribute to the community.

I'm not sure if I should post this here or in a different thread but I already have a question. Should I start with a "small" trike (Ryker) or should I go directly to what I really want (Spyder)?

Ari

Ari….. Welcome to Trike Talk..👍.. if you’re going to get a Spyder go right to the full size one…!.. Most people new to trikes, and for matter fact, motorcycles who start off small and with in the year they wind up trading in for a bigger more comfortable one so go big from the beginning and eliminate the middleman..

Ari….. Welcome to Trike Talk..👍.. if you’re going to get a Spyder go right to the full size one…!.. Most people new to trikes, and for matter fact, motorcycles who start off small and with in the year they wind up trading in for a bigger more comfortable one so go big from the beginning and eliminate the middleman..

Thank you, Rhino!

AriNV, I have a question. Did you start off riding two wheelers and are now switching to trikes or are trikes your first "ride on the wild side"? Welcome to Trike Talk as you can learn a lot here REALLY fast (in others words, by learning from the mistakes WE'VE made as we'll readily admit them).

Airplanes and bikes kinda seem to have a lot in common.

AriNV, I have a question. Did you start off riding two wheelers and are now switching to trikes or are trikes your first "ride on the wild side"? Welcome to Trike Talk as you can learn a lot here REALLY fast (in others words, by learning from the mistakes WE'VE made as we'll readily admit them).

Airplanes and bikes kinda seem to have a lot in common.

Good morning, Phu Cat.

I rode two wheelers about 40 years ago, which is pretty much the same as never riding, right? I had a bad accident (head front collision with a car while waiting at a red light) and got scared of getting back in the saddle for a while.

I regained my confidence doing things "on the wild side" by flying airplanes and now that we're moving west (Nevada), I decided that it was time to get back on something fun. What caught my attention in several articles is that people compare trikes to snowmobiles. I hope it's not true, as the only time I drove a snowmobile, I ended up in a snow mount because I was going too fast and didn't negotiate a turn the right way. :laugh::laugh::laugh:. To my defense, it was on a circuit, and we were just having fun. I plan to be MUCH more careful on the road.

I'm very eager to learn from people who have experienced trikes way before me. I won't be shy asking questions and already appreciate the input everybody here gave me.

I'm already confused, by the way, by reading/watching too much material. One issue is about leaning in turns: some say don't, others say do. :xzqxz:

Thanks for reaching out!

AriNV :welcome:. As a longtime Spyder Ryder I think that a Spyder is a great place to start. And as your ability to ride grows it will grow with you. With the Ryker, while a good and fun ride, can only take you so far and you will outgrow it. If you aren't ready for the an RT look at the runabout F3 basic. I think you will really enjoy the Spyder, I know I have. At 77 it keeps me in the wind.

AriNV :welcome:. As a longtime Spyder Ryder I think that a Spyder is a great place to start. And as your ability to ride grows it will grow with you. With the Ryker, while a good and fun ride, can only take you so far and you will outgrow it. If you aren't ready for the an RT look at the runabout F3 basic. I think you will really enjoy the Spyder, I know I have. At 77 it keeps me in the wind.

Thanks a lot Pegasus for a very nice message.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wyldesydedavid

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wyldesydedavid
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png