Road Smith Trike Conversion

Aug 26, 2013
Felton DE, USA
Hello again all, I have been on here for about a year with hoping to become a trike owner . This past summer I purchased a 2007 Goldwing and I am now ready to convert it over. I am torn between conversion companys and would like any input. Ace motorworks in NJ is my top choice but pricey and KD Cycles in Alabama also a choice I like and about $3000 cheaper even with shipping my bike their and back from NJ. I am entertaining a company in PA ( 2-3-4 Motorworks ) has any body done business with any of these company's ? Really getting excited about riding my new trike next year. Taking my Goldwing out tomorrow for what we call Dales Chilly Chilly Ride , probably my last ride on it as a 2 wheeler. Going to be about 25degrees in the AM.

I can't help you with any of your installers Jim but I'd like to applaud your conversion kit choice. I just finished converting my 2015 with an HTS1800 kit two weeks ago. I LOVE IT !!! And to top things off the folks at The Trike Shop (Roadsmith) were wonderful to work with! :D

Here is a picture I took the other day of the trike and a little trailer I built from the saddlebags I took off the bike. Holds all my camping gear or a weekend of sight seeing/shopping. :xszpv::xszpv:

LaserBags5.jpg

Very nice!! Do you keep the take off parts?

I can't help you with any of your installers Jim but I'd like to applaud your conversion kit choice. I just finished converting my 2015 with an HTS1800 kit two weeks ago. I LOVE IT !!! And to top things off the folks at The Trike Shop (Roadsmith) were wonderful to work with! :D

Here is a picture I took the other day of the trike and a little trailer I built from the saddlebags I took off the bike. Holds all my camping gear or a weekend of sight seeing/shopping. :xszpv::xszpv:

LaserBags5.jpg

Very nice!! Do you keep the take off parts?

Keeping the take off parts is usually up to the customer. Most installers have more then they know what to do with because people don't want to bother with them.

I've made two trailers and a Tag-Along out of take off saddlebags. The wheel/tire is sellable and sometimes you can get a few dollars for the other stuff. Just depends on if you want to mess with the process. I kept my final drive unit complete with brake assembly, used the bags, sold the wheel/tire, and will take the swing arm and sub-frame to the meal recycle place.

I live near Ace, they have a good reputation in the area. No first hand knowledge except when i was considering a trike and talking to them, they were very professional. :)

Not sure how close you are to Leola Trikes but I do know they have an outstanding reputation. I've never done business with them but do know a few that have and had zero complaints.

I wouldnt let price be your primary consideration. Having your installer close by if you need them for anything is worth a lot.

Not sure how close you are to Leola Trikes but I do know they have an outstanding reputation. I've never done business with them but do know a few that have and had zero complaints.

if you want to talk about Leola Trikes - give me a call be happy to share

btw - NOT GOOD

-

- - - Updated - - -

iv'e done business with Leola. i'll just put it this way. they'll never touch another one for me

I thought I was the only one :mad:

Hello again all, I have been on here for about a year with hoping to become a trike owner . This past summer I purchased a 2007 Goldwing and I am now ready to convert it over. I am torn between conversion companys and would like any input. Ace motorworks in NJ is my top choice but pricey and KD Cycles in Alabama also a choice I like and about $3000 cheaper even with shipping my bike their and back from NJ. I am entertaining a company in PA ( 2-3-4 Motorworks ) has any body done business with any of these company's ? Really getting excited about riding my new trike next year. Taking my Goldwing out tomorrow for what we call Dales Chilly Chilly Ride , probably my last ride on it as a 2 wheeler. Going to be about 25degrees in the AM.

Best place to check is the mfgr. , they know who does good work and here's Roadsmiths Dealer list..... : http://www.trikeshop.com/dealers/

:clapping:

Best place to check is the mfgr. , they know who does good work and here's Roadsmiths Dealer list..... : http://www.trikeshop.com/dealers/

:clapping:
you might be right with most mfgr. but that doesn't hold true with motortrike. when I had all kinds of problems with my dealer not wanting to make my conversion right I called troup texas and talked to the president of the company.
explained the problem I was having and was flat out told that he's one of our best dealers and we are not going to do anything about it.
what makes a great motortrike dealer to the mfgr is that they don't have to know what they are doing it's the fact of how many kits they buy per year..
it may or may not hold true now but 10 years ago when I had mine done that was fact.

Agreed they, the Manufacturers, probably wouldn't tell a Prospect to "Do NOT Do Business with __________" one of their own Dealers.
but,,,
Betcha a nice Chunk of Change they WILL tell you which One(s) they would recommend you to choose or go to ThumbUp

It's all in how you pose the Question and how they "word" the Answer ;)

Try Two Brothers Trikes in Duansburg, NY (Near Albany) They do fantastic work particularly color matching. They have done 8 - 10 trikes in our Chapter with only two return visits for rear door seals. (they now glue all OEM CSC door seals) No more problems,

Last edited:

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvester

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvester
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png