Stallion U-Joint

Ouch!! Hopefully it wasn't too difficult getting that sucker out. Did it leave you stranded Dean?

Get-er fixed and get out there!! :xszpv::xszpv:

Ouch!! Hopefully it wasn't too difficult getting that sucker out. Did it leave you stranded Dean?

Get-er fixed and get out there!! :xszpv::xszpv:

I was coming home from a rally traveling 75-80 mph. I started to feel a vibration thru the gas pedal and when I slowed down to stop for gas I could then hear the screeching sound. I limped it home and all fixed today. Easy to unbolt the u joints. It a ordinary joint so easy to find.

The real issue is trying to get grease in the joint. Very hard to get onto the fitting if you even due.

I recently tried to grease my U-joints. I could not get the grease gun on the zerk. It just would not quite line up so I could. Have others had this issue? Maybe a different angled zerk or a skinny gun nozzle, if there is such a thing.

John in Olney, TX

White Stallion #142

I recently tried to grease my U-joints. I could not get the grease gun on the zerk. It just would not quite line up so I could. Have others had this issue? Maybe a different angled zerk or a skinny gun nozzle, if there is such a thing.

John in Olney, TX

White Stallion #142

It appears a needle nozzle is needed:

I have lubed mine twice in 56K. I put the bike on ramps, then jack one wheel clear so that I can rotate it and get a clear shot on each fitting. I have one of those injectors, but I was able to get on it with a standard grease fitting. I use the Ford long life grease.

Ted, I got the injector at O'Reilly and the item number is PFM W54216 and it cost $7.99 I'm trying to send a picture but for some reason I've not been able to get it to download (to big).Injector 1 001.jpg

How's the weather for you guys down there?

Back