Thinking about a new seat to replace stock

I can't remember the technical reason for the upside down photos, but it has something to do with a cell phone photo according to Mark. If I can find his post without too much trouble I'll supply a link here or maybe he will respond himself.

I tried the Air Hark air seat pad. You can adjust it for best fit and cost was around $100. Works great for me..

airhawk.jpgseat.jpg

Does it hold air well? I had a knock off that was like haley shocks ... leaked really bad

My Airhawk has NEVER leaked - had it since 2008.

Not even gonna touch the "cushy feel" comment ... I'm still recovering from the clowns.

Tread lightly Fuzzy....or no Black Forest Cheesecake for you - isn’t that right Lola? LOL! :)

Tread lightly Fuzzy....or no Black Forest Cheesecake for you - isn’t that right Lola? LOL! :)

I'm beginning to know how President Trump feels ... I think you gals are picking on me ... or maybe at least ganging up on me.

Hey ... if I don't post for awhile .... y'all will know what happened to me. :D

Here's a couple more options to ponder before spending big bucks on a new seat. This first one I've been studying for a while is from B&G Upholstery. They offer a removable velour or cloth type seat covers with an optional gel pad. they look very comfortable to me.

http://www.bgseatcovers.com/products1.htm

The second option is what I have been pleased with. I didn't think I would be at first, but have grown to really like, is a set of seat beads from Bead Rider. I went with the ceramic model. https://www.beadrider.com/

My GL1800 seat with Bead Rider.

IMG_6420 (Medium).JPG

In the hot months here in Texas we actually put the Airhawk on top of the bead seat - the bead seat provides for some air flow in the “land down under”. The bead seat is also comfortable by itself - but cool in the cold weather months.

I bought a wooden bead car seat cover from Amazon for about $12.00, Jerry AKA Gold Rush, modified it to fit my seat. I wanted to try beads but didn't want to spend the money for Rider Beads without knowing if I would like the beads. I do like them very much for the hot Texas days.

I have something similar to the airhawk pad. Im good for an hour with the stock seat then the pad goes on.

Its held on somewhat with a strap but adds many miles and smiles when I use it.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvester

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvester
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png