Time is running out. Winter is coming.

Jul 30, 2021
Star, Idaho Ada
Living in Idaho, we don’t have a long riding season and the calendar is ticking. We have had lows in the 30s and highs in the 50s already. Today it was mid 70s so my wife and I took a wonderful 2 hour ride, filled the tank with 91 non ethanol, and a little stabile fuel additive to carry over through winter. Drained the carbs and planned for winter to take hold.

Some are fortunate to have year long riding. Others enjoy the limited time they have. I have projects planned for the winter including a rake kit on my trike and the continued rebuilding of my 1999 Valkyrie bike. I’m planning a new paint job when things warm up but I can do the prep, build my garage paint booth, and figure out the color and design.

Spring will be here soon enough and I plan on having my toys (2 bikes and a trike) in prime shape.

What an ambitious schedule! Well, it would be for me anyway. I hope you get it all done and right the 'heck' out of 'em next year. Paint booth inside your garage??? Wow! You must be young, right? :laugh: :laugh: :D :)

What is this winter thing you speak of ?:p

Sorry, I could not help myself, I genuinely understand the cold, snow and grey days

I was born in Mn so I do know how the winters go

I am glad I moved South, I do not miss the weather and down time

Carbs ? Your putt has carbs ? Or were you referring to the lawn mower ? :) I'm like Jack, I couldn't handle it at my age. It's already hit the upper 40's and I've had enough. It's supposed to slowly warm up again this week. :clapping:

Carbs ? Your putt has carbs ? Or were you referring to the lawn mower ? :) I'm like Jack, I couldn't handle it at my age. It's already hit the upper 40's and I've had enough. It's supposed to slowly warm up again this week. :clapping:

55 degrees here this morning, cold front came thru from the North

Some areas in Georgia will be in the 40s Tuesday morning

Mikey, let's move further South:p

Yep, Here in North Ga. It's in The High 40's getting Up Into The 60's Afternoons. This is For The Rest Of The Week.......

55 degrees here this morning, cold front came thru from the North

Some areas in Georgia will be in the 40s Tuesday morning

Mikey, let's move further South:p

Key West sounds good to me. There are some damn good bars and restaurants on the island. We could sit on the beach and enjoy the scenery. :clapping:No wife's allowed ! :laugh:

Key West sounds good to me. There are some damn good bars and restaurants on the island. We could sit on the beach and enjoy the scenery. :clapping:No wife's allowed ! :laugh:

OK, I have been to Key West many times, I dig the laid back people

I could get used to that pretty easy, it would not take much arm twisting for me to pack up my trike and head down there;)

Hit 37º For a short time this AM...The spotted lantern fly's are dropping like leaves from the trees...[Lantern fly anther gift from China]....

It's Only 46' Here This Morning, Getting Up Into The 70's In Afternoon. Sunny.........:Coffee:

Just the thought of sandals made with old tire treads makes me want to throw up.

ONSV4431__03.jpg

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roadrunner1

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roadrunner1
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png