Trailer Hitch

Hitch

I guess I'm the oddball here, but I looked at 2 YouTube videos on how to attach a hitch, and after watching both I built my own. It is sort of patterned after the pics of the Rivco.

Trail Rider

Not to pirate the thread but has H-D ever said why they are so opposed to trailers?:(

:)The Mo-Co isn't opposed to trailers .............. As long as it is your scoot that is being trailered. As for pulling a trailer, they are dead set against it I would imagine because they cannot control the way in which the trailer is loaded. Tongue weight is so critical. Especially on two wheels. Over the years I have either seen or chanced upon many a single vehicle accident involving an mc pulling a trailer. Some of those pull behind camper trailers are not light weight.

I know this is a old thread but I am looking at hitches myself.

Trampas

Did you end up getting a Hitch Doc? If so how do you like it and do you have any pics?

Thanks

I know this is a old thread but I am looking at hitches myself.

Trampas

Did you end up getting a Hitch Doc? If so how do you like it and do you have any pics?

Thanks

No I didn't get a hitch yet, when this thread was going on I had a 2016, I now have a 2018 and still don't have a hitch, but if I decide to get a hitch it will be a hitch doc, look at the pics in my post in this thread it will show the hitch from Hitch doc, also hitch doc told me their hitch will work with a bumper, the pics on this post doesn't show a bumper and that is why I called them and they confirmed to me that a bumper will work with their hitch.

All for now Trampas

No I didn't get a hitch yet, when this thread was going on I had a 2016, I now have a 2018 and still don't have a hitch, but if I decide to get a hitch it will be a hitch doc, look at the pics in my post in this thread it will show the hitch from Hitch doc, also hitch doc told me their hitch will work with a bumper, the pics on this post doesn't show a bumper and that is why I called them and they confirmed to me that a bumper will work with their hitch.

All for now Trampas

Ok

I recently got a 19. Bought it used and already has a bumper. The hitch doc site doesn't list a 19. I will need to get a hold of them and see if they make one or if it's the same as a 18. Thanks for getting back with me.

:)The Mo-Co isn't opposed to trailers .............. As long as it is your scoot that is being trailered. As for pulling a trailer, they are dead set against it I would imagine because they cannot control the way in which the trailer is loaded. Tongue weight is so critical. Especially on two wheels. Over the years I have either seen or chanced upon many a single vehicle accident involving an mc pulling a trailer. Some of those pull behind camper trailers are not light weight.

+one. Had a friend serious wreck with ,Trailer started fishtailing. Also saw a bike on side of the road, & trailer sitting way out in the grass on I-40 .Guess it got tired of following the bike.:gah:

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dle54

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dle54
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png