Traveling with a bike cover

LD-Ordie

10+ Posts
Apr 28, 2024
Ridgecrest, CA. USA
OK, so how many are packing a bike cover when doing a long trip? The ones I have seen, are pretty big packed up. I do have a luggage rack, I travel 2 up, and do carry minimal items, but we still have limited space. would like to consider a minimal cover, nothing super duty, not something fully on the ground, more like something minimal for the road. any thoughts? Thanks in advance

You could look into a half cover which would cover the tour box, seat and fairing.

Thank you Trike Lady, I have something similar for my Ultra, but not finding anything for a trike so far. Then, most things are for the Ultra version, trunk, fairing, etc, The Freewheeler is much smaller

I've been using this: https://www.ebay.com/itm/283898996015

Well enough made for my purposes, easily fits my '21 Freewheeler with fairing and windshield, packs up small enough to fit in the trunk, but I don't recommend storing it there. It will make everything damp from the mildew on it. I leave it tied to my sissy bar when traveling. Have had it for a couple of years now. It's also inexpensive enough to make it worthwhile to try out.

1.png

I've been using this: https://www.ebay.com/itm/283898996015

Well enough made for my purposes, easily fits my '21 Freewheeler with fairing and windshield, packs up small enough to fit in the trunk, but I don't recommend storing it there. It will make everything damp from the mildew on it. I leave it tied to my sissy bar when traveling. Have had it for a couple of years now. It's also inexpensive enough to make it worthwhile to try out.

View attachment 117901

Thanks for the response, the suggestion of packing it on the bars is a good idea!

Forget the stupid cover. I'll be dammed if I'm going to lug a cover around from state to state. It's a recreational vehicle and if your worried about it getting wet sell it and buy a pickup truck. The only thing I cover is the seat. If your worried about the controls and chrome in salt air a can of Boshield T9 is smaller and easier to pack than a goofy cover.

Forget the stupid cover. I'll be dammed if I'm going to lug a cover around from state to state. It's a recreational vehicle and if your worried about it getting wet sell it and buy a pickup truck. The only thing I cover is the seat. If your worried about the controls and chrome in salt air a can of Boshield T9 is smaller and easier to pack than a goofy cover.
Some of us like to carry a little cover. If you don't, hey we think that is your call.

I have a buddy in South Carolina who has chickens, ducks, a pig, a few dogs and I'm not even sure what else. The cover keeps them from perching on my trike and worse. Also, when I go to Jacksonville to visit relatives, with the trike covered nobody really knows exactly what's under there and it makes it less attractive to drive by creeps. They're the biggest reasons I like having it with me otherwise I've been caught in rain for miles and the trike has sat outside uncovered in torrential downpours, thank you again Florida, with no ill effects. They're pretty much water proof. Even my factory seat doesn't really stay wet very long. Wipe it off with the rag I carry and get down the road.

Last edited:

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvester

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvester
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png