Tri Glide Lower Fairing Speakers

May 24, 2009
Chesapeake, VA.
Has anyone added the Harley (Boom Audio) front lowers speakers to a Tri Glide? I added a set last year and the connection was pretty easy considering I had previously removed the tour pac to go with the "Street Glide" look. All I had to do was removet the "unused" rear speaker pod wires and plug in the new wires (to the fairing lower speakers) into the back of the radio. The radio fader control allowed me to adjust the volume levels between the upper front fairing speakers and the new set in the lowers. The radio sounded pretty good, even at highway speeds.
Now comes the problem; I decided to re-install the tour pac and the rear speaker pods. I need the proper wiring/amp to power 6 speakers with the stock radio. Of course, Harley sells a Boom Audio Speaker Expansion Kit for about $500.00. I read the installation instructions and backed out of buying the kit. First, it called for an additional Audio Fairing Amplifier or Tour-Pak Amplifier to be in place. That adds another $400.00 + to the upgrade. Secondly, the installation requires REMOVAL of the entire body to put the new amplifier inside the trunk!
I am not ready to pay the labor for that job. There has to be an easier (cheaper) way to connect 6 speakers. Any help would be appreciated.
Scott

On my 2012 TG I did the whole 6 speaker/amp setup from HogTunes myself. I even surprised myself on doing such an involved project. It wasn't THAT hard, but did require a lot of swearing and watching installation videos from HogTunes. A professional would have done it in half the time, but the satisfaction of doing it and getting it right was priceless. :)

I just bought a 2014 and this time I'm letting the dealer do the install. That new infotainment system and new wiring has me scared to try it myself. Besides it will now be warranteed along with the bike for 7 years.

Scott, if you have the time and the space and are somewhat electrically minded, I'd say go for it. ThumbUp

Thanks for the info. I will be buying either a Hog Tunes or J & M 4 ch amp since I already own the Harley "Boom" lower fairing speakers. Both amps mount in the fairing and the wiring looks straight forward, so I'll take on the installation myself.
Thanks again,
Scott

Thanks for the info. I will be buying either a Hog Tunes or J & M 4 ch amp since I already own the Harley "Boom" lower fairing speakers. Both amps mount in the fairing and the wiring looks straight forward, so I'll take on the installation myself.
Thanks again,
Scott

Hi I have a J&M amp for sale and a new still in box Hog tunes for sale also let me know if interested

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Draven0914
Back