What did you do to Your Tri-Glide Today?

Yes it is under the seat, the grab strap on the battery had slipped all the way under the battery and was trapped, we live off a really bad bumpy road, that I am sure jarred the battery loose

I got it out and fixed the strap and made sure the battery was secured and cleaned and tightened it alsoThumbUp

After thought , I should have made a strap around it with a velcro strip be fore install . Oh well , next time .

I took the Tri Glide over 100 miles an hour. There's a new bypass on highway 64 that goes around Asheboro. It's been open for three or four years now. There's a stretch of about a mile and a half of gently rolling hills and really straight.

When I reached that point in the highway I was already doing 70 so it wasn't a big jump. Four lane with no traffic in either direction. My right wrist just rolled back and I said let's see what it'll do. When I reached 101 I rolled off the throttle. I'm not surprised at the speed but I'm very surprised at the lack of vibration and the smooth ride at that speed.

I felt no more vibration than I did at 30 or 50 miles an hour. No distortion in the mirrors and just as smooth as could be. I use the dynamic bead balancing system in the wheels and it really works. I was quite pleased.

I took the Tri Glide over 100 miles an hour. There's a new bypass on highway 64 that goes around Asheboro. It's been open for three or four years now. There's a stretch of about a mile and a half of gently rolling hills and really straight. When I reached that point in the highway I was already doing 70 so it wasn't a big jump. Four lane with no traffic in either direction. My right wrist just rolled back and I said let's see what it'll do. When I reached 101 I rolled off the throttle. I'm not surprised at the speed but I'm very surprised at the lack of vibration and the smooth ride at that speed. I felt no more vibration than I did at 30 or 50 miles an hour. No distortion in the mirrors and just as smooth as could be. I use the dynamic bead balancing system in the wheels and it really works. I was quite pleased.

The most I had my Triglide up to was about 90/95….Then my need for speed was over come by my fear of death 💀 …Then I backed off to 70/75 And even at those speeds things can and do come up way too fast…And can bite you.!That said it is nice to see how much guts the 114 has..

The most I had my Triglide up to was about 90/95….Then my need for speed was over come by my fear of death 💀 …Then I backed off to 70/75 And even at those speeds things can and do come up way too fast…And can bite you.!That said it is nice to see how much guts the 114 has..

I don't have a need for speed either. This was just a one time thing. Shit hits the fan pretty quick at that speed. I have 32000 adult miles on the bike. But I have to say it was pretty cool.

Today was knuckle busting work on the chrome day, we're about 2 miles inland from the salt water but have to really keep after it.

UWWxmSM1_o.jpg

I Changed the batteries in the PODS…..Last week I had a message scroll across the screen twice that I’ve never seen before….??? and it said Low POD battery……Put in new batteries and all is good..👍

We had really nice weather yesterday and had a good 111 mile breakfast run. However by the time we got home the love bugs were out :angry2:, what a mess, it took both of us an hour to clean those buggers off. It looks like we will put the bike away for about 2 weeks till they're done with mating season. :gah:

We had really nice weather yesterday and had a good 111 mile breakfast run. However by the time we got home the love bugs were out :angry2:, what a mess, it took both of us an hour to clean those buggers off. It looks like we will put the bike away for about 2 weeks till they're done with mating season. :gah:

I thought that supper slippery nano coating was to make the bugs just slide off :Shrug:

Frank, those little buggers are very acidic and will ruin even a good paint job if you don't get them off right away. When we're riding 50 mph on the back roads you don't realize how many your taking for a ride. I've got a good coat of sealer on the front surfaces but they're still tough to get off.

Frank, those little buggers are very acidic and will ruin even a good paint job if you don't get them off right away. When we're riding 50 mph on the back roads you don't realize how many your taking for a ride. I've got a good coat of sealer on the front surfaces but they're still tough to get off.

Then all those setting fire on the hood after a super protected ceramic treatment comercials are bogus !

Ill stick to old DuPont #7 .

Had one on my Ultra for years and it worked great. But it was hidden behind the OEM cowbell by splitting the horn apart and putting the little compressor under the seat and putting the horn under the cowbell. I couldn't find a good place on the trike to do the same thing so I made a spot for the whole thing behind the wheel. The thing is really ugly but I don't think it will standout too much here. Might paint it flat black to hide it even more. Now to wire it up.

horn.jpg

Hydrogen Peroxide works great for Love Bug Removal. Spray it on and wipe with damp cloth after a couple of minutes.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvester

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvester
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png