What GPS and how hooked up?

Zumo 550 with a RAM mount. Looks and works great; turn by turn audio in the headset; built-in MP3 player, and the trip odometer, and low fuel reminder are dead-on accurate.

I checked with Garmin again regarding my 2595 on the C90 Lehman trike. I was asking about whether to wire it using the auxiliary outlet or cutting off the power plug and wiring directly to a circuit from the auxiliary fuse block. Be careful about how you hardwire. The thing that plugs into the auxiliary outlet is a voltage converter, stepping down the voltage. It turns out that Garmin sells a kit for fleets to hardwire the unit. The problem is that their USB cable/hardwire kit changes the display. If I don't want to change the display, I could use the auxiliary outlet in the faring or wire another outlet in the faring wired to the auxiliary fuse bloc. I chose to do the latter. I am using a charger I got off eBay for a song. The original charger goes back to the car. I am using a RAM mount.

As for rain protection and cutting down on glare, I bought a large, plastic, index card box at a dollar store and cut a custom shield to go on the ram mount. Between the faring and custom shield, I don't think I have to worry about water getting to the Garmin.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvester

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvester
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png