CSC Kruze exhaust unintended consequences

2Paps

250+ Posts
Reaction score
This question is for folks who have VN1700 technical experience.

In a couple of weeks I'll get my Kawi Voyager back after the installation of a CSC Kruze kit. The bike in it's current configuration is stock with the minor exception of a K&N air filter and drilled pipes. Since the VN1700 is known for it decel exhaust pops if you put after market exhaust on it, Will that hold true for the CSC exhaust?

From what I've read on other forums the cure is plugging a hose in the air chamber but that may have to be followed up with a BAK and a fuel controller to completely eliminate the pop.

Am I worrying for nought or do I have a valid concern? If this will be something I'll have to deal with, what have you done to fix it?

Thanks.

Follow up

Contact with CSC says decel pop is not an issue. Guess I was concerned over nothing. I should have expected that would be the case since CSC seems to do such high quality work throughout the rest of their kit.

2Paps,

Glad CSC eased your concerns. If your Voyager doesn't have decel pop now with your baffles drilled out you shouldn't have an issue with their exhaust. February is getting closer!!!

2Paps,

Glad CSC eased your concerns. If your Voyager doesn't have decel pop now with your baffles drilled out you shouldn't have an issue with their exhaust. February is getting closer!!!

Yes it is but it's still 2 weeks before it might ship! :AGGHH:

Getting closer now... 'bout a week to the dealer! How'ya holdin' up?

Welllll, I'm trying to convince myself not to get my hopes up because they may have had a SNOW day or so. I did get all the stars to align so that I was finally able to get the bike registered in FL. Had to go for a celebratory ride afterward. That picked up my spirits some. :)

Welllll, I'm trying to convince myself not to get my hopes up because they may have had a SNOW day or so. I did get all the stars to align so that I was finally able to get the bike registered in FL. Had to go for a celebratory ride afterward. That picked up my spirits some. :)

They said they were still hard at it dispite the weather on their Facebook page the other day so hopefully they are still on schedule. Awesome you got Fl. registration taken care of and had nice enough weather to ride. Gotta love Florida! It'll be a bit till we get to ride up here.

They said they were still hard at it dispite the weather on their Facebook page the other day so hopefully they are still on schedule. Awesome you got Fl. registration taken care of and had nice enough weather to ride. Gotta love Florida! It'll be a bit till we get to ride up here.

Didn't know CSC had a FB page, thanks.

My brother lives just a bit west of New Castle and got 3' of snow with 6' drifts! I don't envy you folks in colder climes. Chin up, they tell me Spring is coming.

Your welcome!

Yeah, we got 3' here too with 4' to 5' drifts. If we didn't want to stay closer our five grandsons we would be moving to a warmer climate ourselves. The days are getting longer so hopefully Spring is on the way soon. You will be riding that new trike before I am back on mine.

At last

Well, well, well the kit finally arrived today but I got no notice of it being shipped. Dropped the bike off at the installing shop and was told it would be 10 to 15 business days before I could pick it up. Yes, I'm bummed out but at least I'm next in line and I know the only holdup is manpower. On the sunny side, I can visit during the install process and take photos. Life is looking up!

Well, well, well the kit finally arrived today but I got no notice of it being shipped. Dropped the bike off at the installing shop and was told it would be 10 to 15 business days before I could pick it up. Yes, I'm bummed out but at least I'm next in line and I know the only holdup is manpower. On the sunny side, I can visit during the install process and take photos. Life is looking up!

Awesome! You will be on three here in a short time now.

10 -15 days! Wow! CSC's timetable for an install is usually 3 maybe 4 days. Your installer must have some manpower issues for sure. At least you are at the build phase now and can watch the progress!

Finally!

Dang, I was itching to see pic's of the finished product...safe riding
Patience Grasshopper . . .

This'll do for a start!

The trike body was not available for photos since it was getting Armor coated.

Attachments

• What happened to my bike.jpg
    What happened to my bike.jpg
    148.5 KB · Views: 197
  • Getting neked.jpg
    Getting neked.jpg
    147.7 KB · Views: 210
  • Missing parts.jpg
    Missing parts.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 202
  • Neked kit.jpg
    Neked kit.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 192
  • New wheel.jpg
    New wheel.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 195
  • Spring assist shock.jpg
    Spring assist shock.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 211
Day 2 of the install.

Keep us posted :pepper:

Here is some of what my camera saw today. I will be captured by my bride tomorrow and am not sure I'll make it to the shop for an update. The word from the shop owner is the body is in the paint booth for priming and then painting etc. It is scheduled to be installed on Mon. Hopefully I'll ride it home on Mon.

That looks better.jpg

Ah, that looks better!

Reverse unit.jpg

Reverse unit.

Attachments

• This looks better too.jpg
    This looks better too.jpg
    138.3 KB · Views: 194
  • What does that say.jpg
    What does that say.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 191

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stag man
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png