Installed my Love Jugs

Z06tacoma

90+ Posts
Gold Member
Apr 5, 2019
Crawfordville, Fl, USA
I didn't want to derail the other thread so I started a new one. Put on my mighty mites today.

The old vibration dampner was a pain but got it off.

Install went easy but was having a hard time with finding the right plug for the harness. My manual said the accessory plug was on left side. I found it, a 4 pin, along with a 6 pin. Neither of them fit the Harley adapter.

Then after some more research, I found out the correct plug to use was on the right side.

Now if the rain will stop, I can test them out.

By the way, what are the left side plugs for? 2018 tri glide.

Love Jugs up and working!

Per all you smart guys....purchased Mighty Mites and the 8 Pin Adaptor for my 2015. Got them much faster than it took me to get around to putting them on. All the small issues as expected ~ Old vibration dampener was a bit of a bitch to get off....and routing the wires was goofy but got them out of the way and secure. Having forgotten that when I bought the trike they put in the accessory switch to run the small "Fog" lower lights. So...I just cut and spliced into the leads hanging out under the seat that said Accy2. Found the wire that was switched and bang! Damned if it didn't work...I hate Electrical. So...small ride, all seems as it should. Rather than send the adapter back to Papa Zook....pass the word I have one and would appreciate if they they could just pay me and I too will ship free. Still in the little baggie un-used. Thanks for all the input and stuff - jc

Per all you smart guys....purchased Mighty Mites and the 8 Pin Adaptor for my 2015. Got them much faster than it took me to get around to putting them on. All the small issues as expected ~ Old vibration dampener was a bit of a bitch to get off....and routing the wires was goofy but got them out of the way and secure. Having forgotten that when I bought the trike they put in the accessory switch to run the small "Fog" lower lights. So...I just cut and spliced into the leads hanging out under the seat that said Accy2. Found the wire that was switched and bang! Damned if it didn't work...I hate Electrical. So...small ride, all seems as it should. Rather than send the adapter back to Papa Zook....pass the word I have one and would appreciate if they they could just pay me and I too will ship free. Still in the little baggie un-used. Thanks for all the input and stuff - jc

Believe me you will never want to turn them off I never do. Your motor will last a great deal longer and stronger, I'm sure of that. ride safe Fred

Believe me you will never want to turn them off I never do. Your motor will last a great deal longer and stronger, I'm sure of that. ride safe Fred

Thanks Fearless...I do believe I will just leave them in the on position....but I do like that with them being connected to a switched circuit that they can't be turned on accidently or Maliciously.....We have a Vacation coming up soon, and very sure we will be stuck in at least a few traffic lines....hope they work as promised!

I've only had mine on like 300 miles ... engine temps read by the power vision haven't gotten over 205* I'm a little worried about when winter comes ... does oil freeze?

All I know is that my 2015 is in love with the Amsoil 140 wt. Severe Gear....If I am traveling and it gets a bit cold over night, I make sure I don't park in gear. That tranny takes a bit of warming up! lol

Can u really feel the heat loss with these Jugs?

I just did 700-800 miles in the Nevada desert around Mesquite and ambient was above 90* most the time ... the ET as read by the power vision never got close to 230*.

The really interesting thing was after about 80 miles at 73 mph and 96* ambient, I got off the Mesquite exit, there is a light. I watched ET go from 223* down to 218* during the light duration. Granted it's a long light, but, that really got my attention.

I was cooking, but, the Trike ran cool as a cucumber.

Yep! When it's down in the 30's and I'm not riding very far, I won't turn them on. If it's in the 40's or above, they're on.

Thanks Fearless...I do believe I will just leave them in the on position....but I do like that with them being connected to a switched circuit that they can't be turned on accidently or Maliciously.....We have a Vacation coming up soon, and very sure we will be stuck in at least a few traffic lines....hope they work as promised!

I've got somewhere around 200,000 miles, riding all over North America with bikes & Trikes that have fans. There is a switch at the fans that turns them on/off...regardless of a key.

Knock on wood, I've never had anyone switch them on.

OTH, I have left them on twice, overnight, and come out to a dead battery both times. Once on the Tri Glide while on a trip, and once on the Softail, parked at my house.

Both times I was able to get them started with my portable jumper. But I'm sure I reduced the lifespan of those batteries.

The reason I like to be able to leave them on is that the engine can be quite hot when it is shut off, and that heat travels up and out the top of the engine....leaving the fans on for 10-15 minutes when it is really hot is a help. I imagine you could do the same thing with your accessory switch.

I think you will be well pleased with them...you have a Twin Cam, and they are just as, or a bit more, effective on the TC as the M8. Here are the results of some testing I did just last week.

Mighty-Mite%20Fans%20Temp%20Test%20Report1.jpg

Mighty-Mite%20Fans%20Temp%20Test%20Report%202.jpg

Kevin

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CedarRonin

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CedarRonin
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png