What did you do to Your Tri-Glide Today?

Ordered the oil filter relo and oil cooler combo kit from DK Customs and a manual bypass valve from Dennis Kirk. It should all be in early next week and installed while I'm off for the Holidays. I have already installed the reusable oil filter. I don't think I have anything left to buy from Kevin. LOL.

Thanks to member Koolbreeze who recommended the flashing tail/brake light bulbs from Amazon! Got those installed today, and they are much brighter than stock and when you apply the brakes they flash three times, then stay on steady.

Also installed the H-D “trunk guard”, aka bumper, to my TG, today. Might save me money from careless backing in reverse. I also like the “look” of the bumper.

Upon the recommendation of a HD Tech who rides hard I went from Yn 3 to 80/140 and am happy. Seems to shift easier and quieter. Also changed from stock linkage to one with grim joints and finding neutral is much easier and it shifts WAY better. Just my results

I did the same procedure with Redline and heim joints, wow what a (positive) difference.

​Cleaned out my 2010 tri/glide and still waiting for my 2022 to be delivered. I got a few parts for the new ride. It should get here once the new parts come in. JUST IN TIME TO BURY FOR WINTER ......Boy it is going to be a long wait for spring this year.Copy of Picture 037.jpg I have not done much posting trying learn how to do things wright...btim

​Cleaned out my 2010 tri/glide and still waiting for my 2022 to be delivered. I got a few parts for the new ride. It should get here once the new parts come in. JUST IN TIME TO BURY FOR WINTER ......Boy it is going to be a long wait for spring this year.View attachment 110870 I have not done much posting trying learn how to do things wright...btim

Do any bird hunting with that Shorthair’? I hunted a lot over my Old Man’s shorthair (Pheasant, Quail, Partridge)…

New amp and stuff

Finished up doing new speakers and amp today. Took alot longer then I had planned for. But thats why I waited for the weather to cool off. Everything was pretty straight forward EXCEPT the speaker pods. Don't watch any of the YT videos' out there and think it's gonna be easy. The Trike is different. With our rake the last three bolts on either pod are pretty hard to get to. Make sure you have a long (like 24") extension and swivel sockets. Not just a universal. Maybe a ball joint allen wrench would work. It took longer to get those bolts out then the rest of the install. I found the best way to get to them is to remove the passing lights and fasteners that hold the fairing in place. Lift up about an inch or 2 and tilt the fairing forward. The fork down tubes block four of the bolts. Otherwise...easy day...or two....maybe three if your retired and don't care how long it takes. More if you don't use the Cicada HDTLINK harness.

fairing.jpg

Picked up the Tri today.. Had brakes & clutch fluids changed, Also Cat free installed & some bushings replaced on the forks. Now it's home & will change all the oils for the long winter nap.. Sounded good at start-up,will see when we ever get a warm day.(not gonna hold my breath)... At least it will run a little cooler.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timetraveller

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timetraveller
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png