What did you do to Your Tri-Glide Today?

Negative, it was posted in this forum a couple years ago. It's a good idea.

I had an LED light bar in my 16. did not reinstall in the 20. Motion activated. so was dead most of time . Rechargeable but a pain. May look for one with a on/off switch. However got shoved on the back-burner & never got to the front again. lol

This thread woke me up. Got some 12V w/switch ordered. Have to install when shocks come back. Did get new Goodyears for the back wheels. Looking for a new front also,but can't seem to find anyone using the new Avon. So no input. Removing an Elite 3,which was not too bad.

Do a coffee run in the morning.....And an emergency food run for the Granddaughter in the afternoon.:clapping:....And while i was there gave the horse a carrot and the chickens some meal worms.. Other than that nothing earth shattering....

Replaced the parking brake pad with the foot brake pad. Just on the spur of the moment to see if it would work. Had to tack a 3/8" nut under it to keep it straight. Now I have to order a new foot brake pad..lolView attachment 111184View attachment 111185

That turned out nicely. :clapping:

I've always been partial to that style floorboard. Had them on my 2005 RK Custom.

Kevin

Added the Custom Dynamics front fender light and their front fork LED side lights. Fit and finish are outstanding but I tell you what. They really don't pass the custom harness criteria. First the fender light harness was just a 2 conductor length of wire with 4 posi taps. Not even the grommet needed to pass the wire thru the fender. If I knew that I would have just got the Harley harness. <br> The fork lights look almost stock except for their thickness. And four feet of braided SS over the wire. Plus another 6 feet of extra unneeded wire with the quick disconnect on the end so you can't trim it back. I have their lower fairing insert also and they had way too much extra wire too. Like it's not a wiring mess under the fairing to begin with. <br> The braided SS covering looked terrible ty wrapped over the brake line. I ended up getting black braided split wire loom to help hide it. <br> The lights all look great as you'd expect from CD but they need to clean up their wiring harnesses.

That SS covering is like an arrow pointing at the lights. I wanted it to look like it hasn't been changed.

20230103_155526 (1).jpg leftlite1.jpg

Trike is all serviced, catless, new rear goodyears, clutch & brake fluids replaced. Now have to wait until April for a new Avon front. 3 diff shops have confirmed April 23 before they will be available. Can't ride now anyway. Wont buy an Avon online ,as never know how old the tire is . Oh, also installed an LED lite in the trunk. Just hit the switch & man is it BRIGHT. Looks like daylight in there now.

Trike is all serviced, catless, new rear goodyears, clutch & brake fluids replaced. Now have to wait until April for a new Avon front. 3 diff shops have confirmed April 23 before they will be available. Can't ride now anyway. Wont buy an Avon online ,as never know how old the tire is . Oh, also installed an LED lite in the trunk. Just hit the switch & man is it BRIGHT. Looks like daylight in there now.

What LED lite did you use Bill. Where did you get power?

What LED lite did you use Bill. Where did you get power?

CT CAPETRONIX 12v LED Interior Light Bar, 168LEDs 1700LM 10W, DC Amazon. Got the 4 pac ,,extras are for interior of trailer.

Pulled the coverings out of the trunk & got the wiring harness that is behind it. Wires feed license plate. Just have to turn switch to ACC. to use when stopped.,, Got some extra wire so I could route wire up & over that covering use the Tape supplied & mounted to the trunk roof onside near door. That way it lites up the entire trunk. These lites have a switch so it doesn't burn all the time bike is running. That tape is strong so make sure ya have it lined up when you put down on lite bar.

CT CAPETRONIX 12v LED Interior Light Bar, 168LEDs 1700LM 10W, DC Amazon. Got the 4 pac ,,extras are for interior of trailer.

Pulled the coverings out of the trunk & got the wiring harness that is behind it. Wires feed license plate. Just have to turn switch to ACC. to use when stopped.,, Got some extra wire so I could route wire up & over that covering use the Tape supplied & mounted to the trunk roof onside near door. That way it lites up the entire trunk. These lites have a switch so it doesn't burn all the time bike is running. That tape is strong so make sure ya have it lined up when you put down on lite bar.

My '20 has 2 feeds. One for the license plate and one that's hot all the time which is the one I used. I wonder why the difference.

My '20 has 2 feeds. One for the license plate and one that's hot all the time which is the one I used. I wonder why the difference.

When I got my 2019 Triglide license plate light wasn’t working. I thought it was just a bulb so I took the back panel off the trunk door. And both leads were unplugged probably from the factory I just plug the wire into the license plate, light. And left the other lead just laying there.?..(They are only hot with the ignition on or on accessory )

Yes there are 2 feeds (2 hot & 2 grnd) Maybe because there are 2 bulbs in the license plate..?? None are hot unless ign is ON or Acc. If they were HOT all the time,wouldn't something be ON all the time???? NO reason for a HOT lead all the time as far as I can tell

Yes there are 2 feeds (2 hot & 2 grnd) Maybe because there are 2 bulbs in the license plate..?? None are hot unless ign is ON or Acc. If they were HOT all the time,wouldn't something be ON all the time???? NO reason for a HOT lead all the time as far as I can tell

My extra feed is hot all the time. The trunk light I used has a built in timer that shuts it off after a minute or two.

Backrest Hardware

:xzqxz: I just spent hours over the past three days installing backrest hardware. The dealer installed the hardware for the backrest that I didn't have, and a new back rest, to match the would have cost just as much the hardware kit for mine. I can not believe where the battery is surgically implanted into the bike. It seems you need very small fingers and a lot of patience, which I have neither. And guess where I dropped a wrench, your right, down into the space where I could not get my fingers. Fighting to remove the battery to retrieve my wrench, I thought that this battery should have some kind on strap on to help with removal, Yea I found it under the battery. :clapping:IMG_1357.jpg I cant wait for spring and finally get to ride my new bike....

:xzqxz: I just spent hours over the past three days installing backrest hardware. The dealer installed the hardware for the backrest that I didn't have, and a new back rest, to match the would have cost just as much the hardware kit for mine. I can not believe where the battery is surgically implanted into the bike. It seems you need very small fingers and a lot of patience, which I have neither. And guess where I dropped a wrench, your right, down into the space where I could not get my fingers. Fighting to remove the battery to retrieve my wrench, I thought that this battery should have some kind on strap on to help with removal, Yea I found it under the battery. :clapping:View attachment 111367 I cant wait for spring and finally get to ride my new bike....

I love that color scheme. I want to paint mine like that. Which backrest did you get? HD has two styles. I plan on buying one very soon.

I love that color scheme. I want to paint mine like that. Which backrest did you get? HD has two styles. I plan on buying one very soon.

I had the one from my last trike that required the black mounting system and the rest with the solid support bracket not the one you have to squeeze together to mount. Smooth Style Adjustable Rider Backrest

$124.95 I felt that it was more adjustable than the other The hardware cost like 230. I did not hitch up the button, because I'm the only one that rides my trike, and only used the button once to get it where I wanted it. just hopping for early spring, my bike was delivered 12 /17 I only put two miles on it:xzqxz:

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drew73

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drew73
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png