High speed wobble !

Apr 14, 2019
Cheltenham
What can any one tell me about what can cause high speed wobble? What i should be checking and how i can determine if its from front or rear ? it seems tome its in front but I work on cars for a living not bikes Lol !

What can any one tell me about what can cause high speed wobble? What i should be checking and how i can determine if its from front or rear ? it seems tome its in front but I work on cars for a living not bikes Lol !

Check your tire air pressures first.

18-20 psi rear and 36 psi front.

Your C-50 only weighs a little over 800 lbs.

Then take it for a ride.

In a C-50 some headshake is normal, usually below 20mph.

High speed shake (55-65mph) is usually wheel balance.

Since you have 2 wheels on the back, twice the odds one of them is out of balance.

Another suggestion to make it easier for you and others is to continue posting in the same thread you started originally so that all of the solutions and homework is in one place.

Check your tire air pressures first.

18-20 psi rear and 26 psi front.

Your C-50 only weighs a little over 800 lbs.

Then take it for a ride.

In a C-50 some headshake is normal, usually below 20mph.

High speed shake (55-65mph) is usually wheel balance.

Since you have 2 wheels on the back, twice the odds one of them is out of balance.

Another suggestion to make it easier for you and others is to continue posting in the same thread you started originally so that all of the solutions and homework is in one place.

Do you really mean 26psi in the front?

for others benefit can you advise what you did please?

Adjusted all tire pressure front to 26 psi rear to 19 psi. Also rechecked front stem adjustment found it to be to lose, in the neck, made that adjustment as well from 1/4 to 1 3/4. now it rides like a dream. Sweet and smooth !

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png