Rear suspension

Jul 12, 2022
Windsor
Ok. So I am trying to figure out what I should get for my wifes 2018 Tri Glide. I was looking at DK Customs. They have two different ones. The Pro action and the Nexgen. What are up and downs on both. Or does someone have a better idea.

Ok. So I am trying to figure out what I should get for my wifes 2018 Tri Glide. I was looking at DK Customs. They have two different ones. The Pro action and the Nexgen. What are up and downs on both. Or does someone have a better idea.

I have the Pro Action 14" and they are great, very smooth ride. The Nexgen was developed by DK Customs after a lot research and development. Since I have the Pro Action I will not move to the Nexgen. If I didn't have Pro Action, I would buy the Nexgen because DK does not put out anything that doesn't work.

Just left Pro Action Shocks in Beaver Falls , Pa with new 14 Inch Proaction rear and the front fork kit installed. BIG difference in ride and handling as well as how it handles when you break. I would recommend them! I have a 2020 Tri Glide. Be safe BK

I went with Nextgen with lift kit as there was not enough price difference if any at all and the Nextgen were designed after the Pro Action shocks with what I believe is a better valving system that make them even smoother.

I never ran the Pro Actions, so I really have no actual comparison data.

They are one of if not the best upgrade I have done to my TG.

Bob

I’ve done 4 trips on my 14 Tri Glide with the 14” pro Action it’s a huge improvement over the stock junk. I still need to tweak them a little. I think I might take 1 turn out on 1 of the shocks per DK recommendation. But overall it’s way better.

I think the Nextgen Bitubo are a quality alternative to the Other brands. Many are using them.

I went with Nextgen with lift kit as there was not enough price difference if any at all and the Nextgen were designed after the Pro Action shocks with what I believe is a better valving system that make them even smoother.

I never ran the Pro Actions, so I really have no actual comparison data.

They are one of if not the best upgrade I have done to my TG.

Bob

I agree Bob. Kevin and his team did an outstanding (and lengthy) job designing, testing and refining the new Nexgen series 14” trike shocks. I liked my Pro Action shocks but the Nexgen are a big improvement over them.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png