Rear suspension

Reaction score
Ok. So I am trying to figure out what I should get for my wifes 2018 Tri Glide. I was looking at DK Customs. They have two different ones. The Pro action and the Nexgen. What are up and downs on both. Or does someone have a better idea.

Ok. So I am trying to figure out what I should get for my wifes 2018 Tri Glide. I was looking at DK Customs. They have two different ones. The Pro action and the Nexgen. What are up and downs on both. Or does someone have a better idea.

I have the Pro Action 14" and they are great, very smooth ride. The Nexgen was developed by DK Customs after a lot research and development. Since I have the Pro Action I will not move to the Nexgen. If I didn't have Pro Action, I would buy the Nexgen because DK does not put out anything that doesn't work.

I have the 14” Pro Action with the comfort lift. I like it but I really would love to have independent rear suspension…

Just left Pro Action Shocks in Beaver Falls , Pa with new 14 Inch Proaction rear and the front fork kit installed. BIG difference in ride and handling as well as how it handles when you break. I would recommend them! I have a 2020 Tri Glide. Be safe BK

I went with Nextgen with lift kit as there was not enough price difference if any at all and the Nextgen were designed after the Pro Action shocks with what I believe is a better valving system that make them even smoother.

I never ran the Pro Actions, so I really have no actual comparison data.

They are one of if not the best upgrade I have done to my TG.

Bob

I’ve done 4 trips on my 14 Tri Glide with the 14” pro Action it’s a huge improvement over the stock junk. I still need to tweak them a little. I think I might take 1 turn out on 1 of the shocks per DK recommendation. But overall it’s way better.

I think the Nextgen Bitubo are a quality alternative to the Other brands. Many are using them.

I went with Nextgen with lift kit as there was not enough price difference if any at all and the Nextgen were designed after the Pro Action shocks with what I believe is a better valving system that make them even smoother.

I never ran the Pro Actions, so I really have no actual comparison data.

They are one of if not the best upgrade I have done to my TG.

Bob

I agree Bob. Kevin and his team did an outstanding (and lengthy) job designing, testing and refining the new Nexgen series 14” trike shocks. I liked my Pro Action shocks but the Nexgen are a big improvement over them.

Back