Am I nuts????

FuzzyWuzHe

Reaction score
Just got an email from my salesman.

They just took in a 2014 Triglide Glide ... 13K miles, some extras, but, pretty stock. He is willing to trade me for Jessica, give me what I paid for it. He knows I've done big work on it. He has the Tri listed at $23,999 but they will discount it for me to $19.999.

I will admit, a huge part of me is tempted. Jessica is a hoot to ride. But, so was my 2015 Tri.

Accessories won't be an issue ... I still have big boxes of stuff. I even hung on to my Power Vision.

This may be my only chance to get back on a Tri. My only issue is it is Black and will show dirt around here bad.

I know ... I know ... I am fickle. I suspect I like "Modding them to suit me ... LOL. I think 20k is a great price .. and it's low miles.

So what does everyone think?????

Unless i missed it you haven't said whats it going to cost you out of pocket....

IE, With Tax and other stuff they tend to tack on with the final paper work..:Shrug:..

Unless i missed it you haven't said whats it going to cost you out of pocket....

IE, With Tax and other stuff they tend to tack on with the final paper work..:Shrug:..

About $10K total difference, there would be an increase in insurance and registration, because it's way newer.

I would need to get a new license for my Power Vision ($200), and a Comfort Lift kit and probably a crank case breather kit from DK ... but, I think I have enough HD Stuff to keep me busy for quite awhile .. de catted head pipe, some slip ons, back rest, lots more.

About $10K total difference, there would be an increase in insurance and registration, because it's way newer.

I would need to get a new license for my Power Vision ($200), and a Comfort Lift kit and probably a crank case breather kit from DK ... but, I think I have enough HD Stuff to keep me busy for quite awhile .. de catted head pipe, some slip ons, back rest, lots more.

....and a rake kit.

Interesting!

If it passes a leak-down test, plus you like how it rides...very cool.

Get some ceramic on it to protect that paint. :D

Kevin

Please don't take this the wrong way: I'll just come out and say it: you seem like a hard guy to please Fuzzy.

In the short time I've been on TT, you've gone through more bikes/trikes than most do in a lifetime! Granted there were "hiccups" along the way for you, but you have had some nice ones that you got rid of for no apparent reason other than just wanting something new or different.:Shrug:

Nothing at all wrong with any of that mind you, and if your heart is set on it I'm not trying to discourage you from buying it but if you weren't satisfied with the last Tri you had, what makes this one any different?

If your getting your money out of the GW... I would, IF you can get the dealership to service it, i.e. oil & brake fluids. I see nice LED's up front. In the pic, from what I can see, the front tire looks good.

Are there any recalls on that year, brakes or clutch?

I hope to see it at the 4 Corners Rally.:cool:

Just got an email from my salesman.

They just took in a 2014 Triglide Glide ... 13K miles, some extras, but, pretty stock. He is willing to trade me for Jessica, give me what I paid for it. He knows I've done big work on it. He has the Tri listed at $23,999 but they will discount it for me to $19.999.

I will admit, a huge part of me is tempted. Jessica is a hoot to ride. But, so was my 2015 Tri.

Accessories won't be an issue ... I still have big boxes of stuff. I even hung on to my Power Vision.

This may be my only chance to get back on a Tri. My only issue is it is Black and will show dirt around here bad.

I know ... I know ... I am fickle. I suspect I like "Modding them to suit me ... LOL. I think 20k is a great price .. and it's low miles.

So what does everyone think?????

What r ya waiting for Fuzz ??????? Jump on it.

I think you should do it. Keeping it clean will keep you busy. ;)

I know ... you think I'm fickle and probably I am ... with the Ceramic which I would do ... I think it would stay much cleaner so ....

Besides, as soon as the weather here breaks ... Harley and I are headed out to do some riding ... :D ... Bike might not get cleaned for weeks on end ... :AGGHH:

Yes, you’re nuts.

But that’s just part of your appeal. :D

I didn't know I had any appeal .. :xzqxz:

2nd that.......;)

Kind of how I'm leaning.

What r ya waiting for Fuzz ??????? Jump on it.

God's okay ... not testing Him ... just come to ask for obstacles before I make a big purchase.

I hope to see it at the 4 Corners Rally.:cool:

Still gotta pray about it ... but .. we'll see ... been praying but, haven't heard God's response yet.

I will talk to the sales guy tomorrow and get him to do a leak down test ... then we'll see ... can't get it until next week anyway ... got the last of the therapy appointments this week. Could go over the 18th, Ride it and decide on the 19th. Time will tell.

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stag man
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png