Getting the job almost done...

ShapeShifter

Aug 26, 2018
SW, Arkansas, USA
Made an early start to the morning by installing the DK Custom Premium Catch Can EBS. Then added their HiFlow 606 Air Cleaner. Finished by loading the Power Vision Tune for HiFlow Cleaner with Slip-Ons.

Previous threads on teardown and installation for handlebar removal and replacement and Mighty Might installation can be found in the locations below.

Posts - 1625 Outer fairing removed to begin handlebar & riser bushing replacement. 1628 Handlebars & riser bushings installed. https://www.triketalk.com/forum/threads/19074-What-did-you-do-to-Your-Tri-Glide-Today/page163

Post 1634 Mighty Mites installation completed. https://www.triketalk.com/forum/threads/19074-What-did-you-do-to-Your-Tri-Glide-Today/page164

Premium Catch Can EBS Breather System & HiFlow 606 A/C

20190428_101110.jpg

20190428_101400.jpg

Completed install with the stock 103 Rushmore Cover.20190428_130449.jpg

The Stealth LED Driving Lights from Saturday's install.20190428_223902.jpg

Completed the final wiring to the harness for the Auxiliary Power Switch Kit.20190428_115847.jpg

Finally swapped in the LED Oil Level and Temp Dipstick.20190428_121317.jpg

Plan to wait and do an engine oil change along with installing the DK Custom Cool-n-Clean OIL Filter Relocation Kit next month. To top off a great day.....had a 150 mile ride.

Last edited:
wCk2xyh.jpg

Made an early start to the morning by installing the DK Custom Premium Catch Can EBS. Then added their HiFlow 606 Air Cleaner. Finished by loading the Power Vision Tune for HiFlow Cleaner with Slip-Ons.

Previous threads on teardown and installation for handlebar removal and replacement and Mighty Might installation can be found in the locations below.

Posts - 1625 Outer fairing removed to begin handlebar & riser bushing replacement. 1628 Handlebars & riser bushings installed. https://www.triketalk.com/forum/threads/19074-What-did-you-do-to-Your-Tri-Glide-Today/page163

Post 1634 Mighty Mites installation completed. https://www.triketalk.com/forum/threads/19074-What-did-you-do-to-Your-Tri-Glide-Today/page164

View attachment 71033

View attachment 71034

Completed install with the stock 103 Rushmore Cover.View attachment 71035

The Stealth LED Driving Lights from Saturday's install.

View attachment 71038

Completed the final wiring to the harness for the Auxiliary Power Switch Kit.View attachment 71037

Finally swapped in the LED Oil Level and Temp Dipstick.View attachment 71039

Plan to wait and do an engine oil change along with installing the DK Custom Cool-n-Clean OIL Filter Relocation Kit next month. To top off a great day.....had a 150 mile ride.

Looking good!

Do you mind if we use some of those photos on our website?

Kevin

Great Job ... there is one thing I'd point out and maybe you have already addressed this. In the picture that shows the hose coming out below the frame ... make sure that the catch can is fairly high up ... as close to or tucked into the frame.

On my 14 Ultra Limited, I let the "filter" dangle with the thought when I went to the car wash, I would give it a wash with the wand and be done with it.

I went over a fairly high speed bump and "bottomed out" ... I thought. Kind of weird for a two wheeler. When I got home I checked everything out and figured out that the bottoming was actually the filter.

2019-04-24 13.28.43.jpg

Ended up putting a catch can directly under the air cleaner. Like I said, you may have already addressed this and tucked it up ... just a thought.

Great Job ... there is one thing I'd point out and maybe you have already addressed this. In the picture that shows the hose coming out below the frame ... make sure that the catch can is fairly high up ... as close to or tucked into the frame.

On my 14 Ultra Limited, I let the "filter" dangle with the thought when I went to the car wash, I would give it a wash with the wand and be done with it.

I went over a fairly high speed bump and "bottomed out" ... I thought. Kind of weird for a two wheeler. When I got home I checked everything out and figured out that the bottoming was actually the filter.

View attachment 71107

Ended up putting a catch can directly under the air cleaner. Like I said, you may have already addressed this and tucked it up ... just a thought.

Yea, your concern and the fact I didn't have the Catch Can available is exactly why I left extra length underneath. I will cut to tuck further up when I get the actual Can to use for measurement.

Catch Can and Rain Sock....

Got the Catch Can and Rain Sock for HiFlow 606 A/C yesterday, so got the trike up a bit to temporarily attach the Catch Can. Will relocate in oil filter location in a few weeks after installing the Cool-n-Clean Oil Filter Relocation Kit.

Easy ride up on three for me20190504_121742.jpg

Temporary Catch Can Location20190504_131036.jpg

HiFlow A/C Rain Sock20190505_112554.jpg

Last edited:
Had been looking for a holster or pouch for the Power Vision Tuner. Finally found a cell phone holster that works for me. This one has both a belt loop and a clip on, so when traveling and making quick stops, I'll just remove the PV Tuner from the mount and slip it into the holster on my waist. Won't have to constantly open and lock it in the tour pak when traveling.

20190509_100505.jpg

20190509_100526.jpg

In preparation for installing the Cool-n-Clean Oil Filter Relocation Kit, ordered two 5 Micron Oil Filters. One in black the other chrome, but I think that the black will be the better choice for the new filters location.

Both filters will fit the TC 103 or my older TC 88B, so no waste.

Also, ordered Extended Shifter to mount in Toe Shift position.

Progression to Stage 1...

When I first installed the PV Tuner, I loaded the Stock Improved Tune, because I only had the Cobra 909 Slip-on's installed, but wanted to see if that tune actually made a change to how the trike ran. Well it certainly did; to me the engine sounded a little more relaxed and sort of pulled a bit more effortlessly. Rode this tune for about a week and a half just for seat of pants feel.

Next installed the DK Custom Premium EBS Breather System and HiFlow 606 Air Cleaner. I then loaded the PV Tune for Stage 1 Air Cleaner and Slip-ons. With this tune, EBS and Air Cleaner updates the engine really ran relaxed, seemed to breathe a lot easier and pulled much better, but gas mileage dropped off a tad from the Stock Improved Tune. The slight gas mileage drop is easily accepted, given the improvement to performance and decrease in felt engine heat, especially right header side.

Having ridden a good bit on the previous tunes, this past sunday I enabled the Auto Tune Basic for the Stage 1 and Slip-on tune. After restart, I immediately heard the change in RPM at idle and the exhaust note now has a slightly deeper tone. The engine has a bit more grunt too, when pulling away from a stop.

I haven't installed the Stock Decatted Header Pipe, so can't install the Custom Tune for Stage 1, Decatted Header and Slip-on's that was part of the PV Tuner Package. Not sure when I'll get around to the head pipe swap, because I definitely will get a helper for this swap out.

Very pleased with the results after Stage 1 Air Cleaner, Premium EBS w/Catch Can and the Power Vision Tuner installs.

Received the Extended Shift Lever and Oil Filters. I like that the manufacturer doesn't slap branding, logos and part numbers all over them and also like the nut on the end, which is good for filters changes in the stock location. They go a step further for the chrome ones by shrink wrapping them to prevents scuffs and maring when they're handled during storage and shipment. They're rated 5 Microns and cost much less that the same spec'd filters by Harley and K&N.

One of these filters will be used when the Oil Filter Relocation Kit is installed. Just don't want to leave a lot of oil change mileage on the table before installing the kit.

20190515_141525.jpg

Too much yard work, so not much trike stuff. Did manage time to get the sheepskin on to the Trike and treated myself to an early evening dinner ride.

20190517_021811.jpg

20190516_200617.jpg

Looks likes the Cricket Wireless Character....it's soft, comfy & cool to the hiney!20190516_152255.jpg

20190516_201006.jpg

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stag man

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stag man
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png