What Was Your Favorite Bike?

Suzuki GT750. Was a two stroke three cylinder engine and one of the first water cooled they nick named the "water bottle".

Had a red digital readout for the gear you were in!!

wobbled on corners but I liked it.

1974 Triumph "oil-in-the-frame" 750 Twin.....Big Bore Kit, Mikuni Carbs, 2 into 1 Headers, Joe Hunt Magneto. Over-size valves, Ported polished Head,shaved/drilled Gears, Barnett Alloy Clutch/Basket and Plates, Alloy 21 rim on front, alloy 16 on rear, wired through a tube in the oil galley of the frame (nothing showing), clip on bars, tiny solo seat, bobbed alloy fenders, Girling Shocks, Springs, all brackets removed, totally blacked out(parts and frame).....GREAT Bike, and Quick.....ThumbUp

We called. The. Suzi 750 the Water Buffalo.. Nice bike too rode one only once. Japan only made that after the US engineers said you could not make a motor bigger than 700 cc and be 2 stroke. They did it it water cooled and the US guys. Said sure if you water cool it.<LOL> then the Kwai people made the fastest bike I ever rode on the 750 Mach 3

Mine was a 1968 CL350 Honda, until I crashed it in 69.
6759-1968-cl350.jpg

O yes. My first street was a 70 cl450 with a down header when i was 16 and worked at the motorcycle shop. Crashed it a few times even fliped it over frontwards once. Always fixed it and learned a lot. Had many better faster bikes but this one has the most memories.

My FAVORITE BIKE was not my BEST BIKE.

My favorite bike of hundreds owned was a 2003, T3 Indian Terminator. Custom fairing, wheels, duel feed nitrous, chromed, lowered, unreal paint.

My best bike was my 2001 SE Road Glide.

2bb

Favorite VFR Interceptor...

KensGIVIMount-15.jpg

Next Favorite VFR Interceptor...

1-20-2007-53.jpg

All-Time Favorite "Sport Bike Type" Bike, Kawasaki Versys...

versyslocaltrip1-01.jpg

Next Favorite, Triumph Speed Triple...

AlGaTripFeb08014.jpg

All-Time Favorite 1800 Gold Wing 2-Wheeler, Black 2008 model...

Lynchburg1028.jpg

GREAT Bikes.....ThumbUp :10:

Though not my first bike, my favorite is still my first Harley, a 1959 HD Duo-Glide that I bought in 1974 and still have. It was chopped when I bought it and, after many changes through the years, is back to pretty much stock condition. Man, I've put a lot of miles and smiles on that thing over the last 37 years! And I still put 5-10,000 miles a year on it.

Though not my first bike, my favorite is still my first Harley, a 1959 HD Duo-Glide that I bought in 1974 and still have. It was chopped when I bought it and, after many changes through the years, is back to pretty much stock condition. Man, I've put a lot of miles and smiles on that thing over the last 37 years! And I still put 5-10,000 miles a year on it.

Rocket, that is gorgeous!!!! No wonder you love it so much :D

62 H-D(aermacchi) sprint H. as with early harleys it taught me the old sayin. if you want to work on your bike, get a harley. if you want to ride it, get a honda. I was 14. Years later, after hon-yam schools and wrenching in several diff. shops. I still ride.....honda, and restore old ones for the fun of it. ride safe-tipper

tough decision but I guess I will go with my 1967 Suzuki 250 X6 Husler. Bought it in Hawaii when I was in the Navy. six speeds was really cool back then. Rode that little thing around Oahu a thousand times haha

1953 Harley Davidson FL custom Burgundy 53FL 4393 tank shift sucide clutch , one black saddle bag on left side, 2 chrome open pipes on right side. would repurchase again today if current owner would sell it.

Even though I owned about twenty Honda CBX's while Director of the CBX Club,this 1979 was probably my favorite. Built from the frame up,it featured GSXR suspension parts,custom Rajay turbo,two stage nitrous,belt drive Vertex magneto,Falicon Supercrank,Carrillo rods,Cosworth pistons (1170cc),Hahn Racecraft two stage wategate,more billet parts than I can list,etc.
I rode it to some 9.40's @ 158mph yet it was a very docile ride,off boost.
NuclearBanana.jpg

Probably my 2nd most favorite bike was this 1985 V-Max I built while Director of the V-Max Club. Some of its mods were 17x3.5 & 17x6 Kosman wheels,200/50/17 Pirelli rear tire,custom built exhaust system,Works Performance rear shocks,GSXR inverted fork w/Nissan six piston calipers,widened & braced swingarm,Euro tailsection,Braking USA front rotors,Performance Machine rear caliper & rotor,Sargent seat,1550cc big bore,Keihin 39mm flatslides,etc.
NeonMax.jpg

I don't have a picture but my favorite bike was my 1969 Norton Fastback Commando in Red and Silver flake.I had so much fun with that bike I don't know why I ever sold it.Dumb dumb dumb.I missed it the moment I turned it over to the new owner.Second most favorite was my 2008 Royal Star Tour Deluxe.I waited 12 years for that bike.:D Unfortuneately I wrecked it in 2011 and tho I walked away it didn't:(:( That is one of the reasons I am now on a trike.

WOW ! Some great bikes being mentioned here. From age 14 up,did the Mo-Ped,Cushman,dirt type bikes.Triumph Bonneville and several others,UNTIL,I just had to go and see the movie "EASY RIDER" !! I had to have a chopper.And this would be my heart throb motorcycle of all. Found a slightly wrecked Harley Pandhead,police model, with suicide clutch and "hand shaker" and proceeded to tear down and build my chopper.It's true what they say about a suicide clutch,don't ask how I found out.

It took all winter/part of summer to do my build.I converted a HD springer to 12" over stock and completely chromed.My uncle was manager of a plating shop,so you can guess what all was chromed on that bike. On my first "long" ride from St.Louis to Springfield,IL.(250 miles) went to the dirt track nationals and a photo team from Choppers Magazine was there.They interviewed me and took photos of the bike.Several months later I found my bike on the cover of the magazine and a 2-page spread inside.How proud I was to say the least.

Rode that Harley for 7 years and yes,I wish I still had it or could buy it back. During the time I built and owned it,late 60's-early 70's,I was a cop and pressures from higher up kinds made up my mind to finally sell it.

What a ride and the image of me riding it in uniform is forever etched in my mind.

I had posted earlier in this thread that although I never owned one (and probably never will), my dream bike has always been a 1939 Indian. Also at that time, I didn't own my present trike. With that said,, my all time favorite is the one I have now! :D ThumbUp

ROCKET Thats a beauty for sure, well done!

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png