GoPro

iaff84

Mar 7, 2011
Muncie, Indiana
I have been trying different locations to mount a GoPro on the TG. This is with it mounted on engine guard.

Do others have pictures of how they have mounted a GoPro?

004.jpg006.jpg

[video]https://player.vimeo.com/video/96896336[/video]

Last edited by a moderator:
Mounted mine on the outboard side. That way I see cars and the road better. Also that big red sign is a STOP sign :p . Here in Conn it is a big $125.00 STOP sign . ;)
I used a Ram mount for a camera. Mounted on the engine guard. With a short extension.
also found if I leave it in the waterproof case I loose some of the jello effect. Ripples
and it is waterproof too.

Mounted mine on the outboard side. That way I see cars and the road better. Also that big red sign is a STOP sign :p . Here in Conn it is a big $125.00 STOP sign . ;)

I used a Ram mount for a camera. Mounted on the engine guard. With a short extension.

also found if I leave it in the waterproof case I loose some of the jello effect. Ripples

and it is waterproof too.

Mount.jpg

Same here, have a ram ball mounted to the guard, short extension to a base plate. Cut 1/8 inch aluminum to get it out and forward with a tripod clip bolted to it for camera base. This was filmed in the water proof case, think I will rig external microphone at some date, just has allot of wind noise now.

Yes, those red signs cost allot here also.

I thought I stopped?! :cxtv:

Dennis

Me thinks it's too low. it gives a false sense of the speed your going. Try it mounted higher you will see the difference. Oh, and nice Stop at the Stop signs :laugh:

Me thinks it's too low. it gives a false sense of the speed your going. Try it mounted higher you will see the difference. Oh, and nice Stop at the Stop signs :laugh:

I have two longer ram extensions I plan to try. I am going to keep it mounted to engine guard and try those. Had it on bars and did not like it there.

Dennis

Personally, I like the present location....Great Video.....ThumbUp

I have camera set for 1080 and med FOV. Set on wide FOV I get the turn signal in view but get too much fisheye effect. With the turn signal in picture, it appears steady and makes video appear more stable. I am going to try different extension arms to see if I can get the turn signal back in frame.
I also like the views I get from this location, plan to stick with it for more tests. Like this little camera.
Dennis

Picked up a Black 3+ here recently with a BUNCH of extras. Have been doing the same thing you're doing , playing with the mounting. Like someone mentioned, I mounted it low on the inboard engine guard to see on coming vehicles. I've also mount it on too of the front fender with one of their suction mounts. Like it the best Will post some pics tomorrow.

One thing I'm making dang sure of is that I have it tethered REAL good.

O~\o

Picked up a Black 3+ here recently with a BUNCH of extras. Have been doing the same thing you're doing , playing with the mounting. Like someone mentioned, I mounted it low on the inboard engine guard to see on coming vehicles. I've also mount it on too of the front fender with one of their suction mounts. Like it the best Will post some pics tomorrow.

O~\o

Looking forward to the Videos.....ThumbUp

O~\o

Look forward to some pictures also. Still working at it myself.
Dennis

Try switching it to the traffic side!

i don't know how to add a video to this...

this is actually done with a $19.00 camera from Wallgreens .

View attachment 20267
"...........think I will rig external microphone at some date, just has allot of wind
Dennis
Interested in seeing how you're going to hook up an external mike to a waterproof case. I've very seriously thought about the mike, to pick up the exhaust rumble BUT I'd have to cut a hole in the side of the case. Waterproof no more. Now with the Skelton case NO PROBLEM!

My first real ride to play a bunch with it will be to Eureka Springs, AR for the rally. I am planning to do some time lapse stuff there. Then the Black Hills during Sturgis.

http://newchannelmedia.wordpress.com/2012/06/17/gopro-hero-modification-for-audio/

o~\o

Interested in seeing how you're going to hook up an external mike to a waterproof case. I've very seriously thought about the mike, to pick up the exhaust rumble BUT I'd have to cut a hole in the side of the case. Waterproof no more. Now with the Skelton case NO PROBLEM!

My first real ride to play a bunch with it will be to Eureka Springs, AR for the rally. I am planning to do some time lapse stuff there. Then the Black Hills during Sturgis.

http://newchannelmedia.wordpress.com/2012/06/17/gopro-hero-modification-for-audio/

o~\o

I realize that I will have to drill into one of the cases. Just want to try, would like to pick up sounds without the wind. Something to try. Just another thing to play with.
Dennis

Mor'n Dennis,

Don't know which camera you have but my Black 3+ takes a mini-USB for the audio input. I'm toying with a 45degree plug and using a GoPro silicone case and some silicone putty around the plug to make it water resistant.

You could always go with one of their "Skelton" cases to see if you're going to get the sound you want. Ya know before cutting.

o~\o

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 132
This is the two setups I use. I mount both so all I have to do is move the camera between the two.

o~\o

Attachments

• photo 1 (6).JPG
    photo 1 (6).JPG
    77.1 KB · Views: 138
  • photo 1 (7).JPG
    photo 1 (7).JPG
    132.1 KB · Views: 136
  • photo 5.JPG
    photo 5.JPG
    128.6 KB · Views: 120
  • photo 2 (5).JPG
    photo 2 (5).JPG
    114 KB · Views: 134

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stag man

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stag man
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png