Display is BLACK

Reaction score
Question: I have a 2010 Audio Comfort with only about 8K miles on the clock. 2017 Road Smith Kit. Over the years once in a while my display would just be black, now it is almost every time I start it. I have reset all the plugs on the back of the display. Thoughts? Suggestions???

Steven.......Welcome to Trike-Talk.....:wave4:....I can't help with your problem but I'm sure someone will chime in soon with some help....

Welcome to TT Steven. It will help if you identify which bike your kit is installed on. Make, model, etc. I'm sure you will find some helpful information here..... Jim

His original posting says what his bike is

Welcome to TT Steven. It will help if you identify which bike your kit is installed on. Make, model, etc. I'm sure you will find some helpful information here..... Jim

OK. I see your profile picture shows you have a Honda GL1800. Do you also have nav. on the bike. If so, the display loops through your navigation electronics housed on the front wall inside your trunk. Take the cover off and you will find a little pin hole in the top of the unit. That is a reset button. You can use a paperclip or something to GENTLY push down and reset your system. Do this with the key on and watch your screen. Don't push too hard. You don't want to break something. You don't need to remove or unplug the nav unit. This is a pretty easy process and only takes a few minutes to do. Good luck..... Jim

OK. I see your profile picture shows you have a Honda GL1800. Do you also have nav. on the bike. If so, the display loops through your navigation electronics housed on the front wall inside your trunk. Take the cover off and you will find a little pin hole in the top of the unit. That is a reset button. You can use a paperclip or something to GENTLY push down and reset your system. Do this with the key on and watch your screen. Don't push too hard. You don't want to break something. You don't need to remove or unplug the nav unit. This is a pretty easy process and only takes a few minutes to do. Good luck..... Jim

Jim, I did as you suggested... Sadly no relief.. Still Black. I am afraid the screen may be burn/shorted out. It has done this once in a while even before we triked it. So I am going to pull it off, clean and check all contacts/plugs, and see if that helps.

Thank you for your suggestion.

Steve

Next, I would call Mark DeSimone At D&D Discount Motorcycles in Tempe, AZ. 480-731-9003. Mark is the technical writer for Wing World magazine. He KNOWS Goldwings and may have some insight for you. Again, good luck and welcome to TT..... Jim

Next, I would call Mark DeSimone At D&D Discount Motorcycles in Tempe, AZ. 480-731-9003. Mark is the technical writer for Wing World magazine. He KNOWS Goldwings and may have some insight for you. Again, good luck and welcome to TT..... Jim

Excellent suggestion here::: I just put his number in my cell phone myself............

Ronnie

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LTCBB77
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png