2016 Tri glide handlebars

Oh yeah , i see where i can unplug it but the plug in side wont go through the handle bars with out removing it so its just 4 wires so ill cut and solider color to color cant go wrong at least i hope lol,

plug on end may have release

:Crap: A good number of those plugs have releases on the wires I don't know if the TBW has though would save splices if it did. fearless

Oh yeah , i see where i can unplug it but the plug in side wont go through the handle bars with out removing it so its just 4 wires so ill cut and solider color to color cant go wrong at least i hope lol,

Attachments

• DSC01221.JPG
    DSC01221.JPG
    145.2 KB · Views: 270
  • DSC01222.JPG
    DSC01222.JPG
    146.5 KB · Views: 277
You can un plug the wires from the plug, gota release the locking pins at each terminal. Take pix or mark as to ware they get plugged back to.

- - - Updated - - -

The Khrome Werks 2+2 narrow Sweepers are great, I'm 5'7" with 29" sleeve and they work great for me

Would that be part # 300519 ? Or 18 ?

300517A on the site but they told me that sites like JP cycles use different numbers and in fact that site said it would not fit my but the owner at Krome works said that the one for me it was the wide, and yes i did see where the pins come off and i will do it slow maybe this weekend if its raining here for sure i'll post picks and update again thanks to all who guided me

Take your time

Not hard just take your time you will love the changes and be able to say you did it yourself ThumbUp
300517A on the site but they told me that sites like JP cycles use different numbers and in fact that site said it would not fit my but the owner at Krome works said that the one for me it was the wide, and yes i did see where the pins come off and i will do it slow maybe this weekend if its raining here for sure i'll post picks and update again thanks to all who guided me

Well i got the exhaust on last night wow now it sounds like a HARLEY should, will install the HWY pegs tonight with the floor board extenders , now for the bad I ordered the sweepers from J&P and the bushings ,well the bushings came in and no bars so this morning some lady tells me they processing and cant locate them in the warehouse, so i call again this time i got a new lady that knows whats going on so she said it will go out today hummmmm but the bad thing is when i ordered the exhaust i did over night and got them 2 days late so they gonna refund me but dangggg man , so thats where i strand

Stay with them

If you are clear about you expect about the shipping costs they will make it right I have had the same thing happen to me and they are a stand up company going through some pains themselves. keep us posted . fearless

Well i got the exhaust on last night wow now it sounds like a HARLEY should, will install the HWY pegs tonight with the floor board extenders , now for the bad I ordered the sweepers from J&P and the bushings ,well the bushings came in and no bars so this morning some lady tells me they processing and cant locate them in the warehouse, so i call again this time i got a new lady that knows whats going on so she said it will go out today hummmmm but the bad thing is when i ordered the exhaust i did over night and got them 2 days late so they gonna refund me but dangggg man , so thats where i strand

Update , got the floor board extenders on last night and put the hwy pegs on but didnt set them yet until i get the handle bars on, got a shipping update they will be here monday so i have to wait on that but i'll take all the stuff off this weekend and post pics

J&P had some real problems with moving their warehouse this year. Hope they got everything straightened out. For a while they were running 90 days + behind.

I ordered mine from Krome Werks directly and it took 3 days.:Coffee:

You can use a needle to release the pin locking tabs from the connector. You then pull the wires through and re-insert the pins into the connector.

Bob :D

Well i got it took all apart all went well EXCEPT that little Trip Reset Button i broke it but all is good i'll get them to order one and swap it for me the reset still works i have to use my finger, the handle bars will be in today so i'll start tonight and it looks like the TBW wire will slip right through without taking them apart , i took them out the other bars with no problems at all here are the pics, oh i did swap the bushing also got ride of them flimsy rubber ones

Attachments

• IMG_0888.jpg
    IMG_0888.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 231
  • IMG_0889.jpg
    IMG_0889.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 232
  • IMG_0890.jpg
    IMG_0890.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 240
  • IMG_0891.jpg
    IMG_0891.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 235
HERE are more pics

Attachments

• IMG_0892.jpg
    IMG_0892.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 227
  • IMG_0893.jpg
    IMG_0893.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 226
  • IMG_0894.jpg
    IMG_0894.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 222
  • IMG_0895.jpg
    IMG_0895.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 228
  • IMG_0896.jpg
    IMG_0896.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 224
  • IMG_0898.jpg
    IMG_0898.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 230
  • IMG_0899.jpg
    IMG_0899.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 236
  • IMG_0901.jpg
    IMG_0901.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 226
  • IMG_0902.jpg
    IMG_0902.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 225
Bars are a subjective preference... what feels good to one will be all wrong for another. Take a look around at other riders and see what they are using, and most would gladly (I think) let you check their setup out for feel. I am 5' 5" and went with the HD reduced reach bars on my '14 TG. Over 50K miles later I traded it in on the "17, and was happy enough with the bars that I had the dealer install them on the new one. By the way, they also come in black and with the wires run inside the bars, they look as sweet as they feel!

Again, just my opinion :Trike1:
Do you have the part # with the throttle installed ? Tks.

i installed the polyurethane bushings was easy, what part number ya looking far, the sweeper bars if so its the one that ends in 17A, i called them and he told me thats the one i needed

ok here ya go

Attachments

• IMG_0904.jpg
    IMG_0904.jpg
    182.7 KB · Views: 198
  • IMG_0905.jpg
    IMG_0905.jpg
    198.4 KB · Views: 205
  • IMG_0906.jpg
    IMG_0906.jpg
    199.4 KB · Views: 204
  • IMG_0907.jpg
    IMG_0907.jpg
    199 KB · Views: 201
  • IMG_0908.jpg
    IMG_0908.jpg
    147.8 KB · Views: 197
Now i caint seem to find where that small plug goes with the black and white wires i dont remember unplugging it but i read that its for heated hand grips does anyone know ????? thanks looks like ill be done tonight , man what a difference just sitting on it :pepper:

Now i caint seem to find where that small plug goes with the black and white wires i dont remember unplugging it but i read that its for heated hand grips does anyone know ????? thanks looks like ill be done tonight , man what a difference just sitting on it :pepper:

on mine, the right heated grip gets plugged into the center of the DBW . Two wire plug. Then the rubber cap covers it. I think it's what you ask :Shrug:

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Obsidian
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png