External breather

ROAD DOG

Contributing Member
Reaction score
Has any body done a external breather on a Indian Roadmaster ? It looks like it has a 5/8 heater hose coming out of the front valve cover , Thats got to be dumping some crap into the intake .

Has any body done a external breather on a Indian Roadmaster ? It looks like it has a 5/8 heater hose coming out of the front valve cover , Thats got to be dumping some crap into the intake .

I pulled the air cleaner cover off , then the a c housing so easy to do 4 bolts & the housing & throttle body come off, pulled the head vent hose off, we have a cabbinet full off heater hose, gas line, hose elbow's, found a 90% hose that fit then a straight connector 2 foot piece of 1/2 hose dug around found a filter, looks good 00000 $$$ cost . There was al ready a lot of oil in the intake .

Decat

Last night brought the trike to the shop pulled the heat shield off over the cat converter, covered the trike with blankets, cut a hole in the pipe pulled the cat out welded her back up, 45 minutes later done, sounds good . went to local dealer today they have the stage 2 kit with the cams, throttle body and injectors and the download quoted me $1250. parts and labor . drop it off on the 13th .

Sold my shocks to ED in New Hampshire, So I took the Indian and delivered them to him, ended up putting on 335 miles, every time I ride that trike it seem's to get better, really windy yesterday knocked the gas mileage down to 36 , I rode it 3 times have 750 miles did a oil change Sunday night at 415 miles put Amsoil 20/40, I have a appiontment for the 13th to do a stage 2 kit, it runs so good I don't no if I'm going to do it, it's so smooth now, some time's a cam change will make it loppey at low speeds, I read good and bad butt have not found anybody that has done a stage 2 on a 2021 116 trike ? I have to change the handle bars, got some ordered.

Got my trike back today had the stage 2 kit installed, 3 cams, throttle body & injectors and it includes a flash for the tune. Runs really good, no bucking at low speeds, gas mileage just as good as before. it was $1250.00 and had $ 50.00 coupon, harley would of been over $3000.00. wish I would of done this before the $50000. on that tri glide. Brought it to Indian of Springfield Great people, good job.

Got my trike back today had the stage 2 kit installed, 3 cams, throttle body & injectors and it includes a flash for the tune. Runs really good, no bucking at low speeds, gas mileage just as good as before. it was $1250.00 and had $ 50.00 coupon, harley would of been over $3000.00. wish I would of done this before the $50000. on that tri glide. Brought it to Indian of Springfield Great people, good job.

---ThumbUp---.................

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Obsidian
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png