Passenger sissy bar opinion

I'm surprised at the lack of Sissy Bar options for the Freewheeler - The stock bar is too straight up and has no adjustment - Im going to pull it off and take by a muffler shop an attempt to to reshape it so it leans back more - If I have to heat it with a torch ( Which ruins the chrome ) I will just paint it black - As Is stock just doesn't work for us , needs to be taller also ,But that's just my opinion

Oh baby.

Did that Ginz slip right into the stock sissybar mount? And does it sit farther back than stock? I have a Corbin, and my ol' lady has a crotch full of backrest. My seat is back a couple inches from stock, and she's kinda crushed.

Yes. You send them the HD sissy bar and they modify it. It is jigged/tooled well as it plugged right in. It does not sit back further than stock though. You would need to talk to them about how best to do that. I had them make a top to bottom sissy bar pad as well. I have thought about making a seat pan with a King and Queen arrangement.... but that will be a much later chapter in this build.

Yes. You send them the HD sissy bar and they modify it. It is jigged/tooled well as it plugged right in. It does not sit back further than stock though. You would need to talk to them about how best to do that.
Thanks, appreciate it. Just trying to make things more comfortable for her lap, and for my ears :cool:

Well - I took mine to a local welding shop and had it heated and bent today - It now is tilted back about 1-1/2 " more than stock allowing Mama to lean back an be comfortable -

Thanks! Maybe that's my excuse to finally get that welding rig I've been thinking about! hehe... spend a few hundred dollars on equipment for a few buck job :cool:

Sissy Bar

I'm running a actual TriGlide seat with a passenger back rest very similar to yours - The TriGlide seat is 17" wide up front and 15" wide in back - Also the front nose section is very soft which is nicer on the " Peeps" when your on a rough road or street

Oh baby.

Did that Ginz slip right into the stock sissybar mount? And does it sit farther back than stock? I have a Corbin, and my ol' lady has a crotch full of backrest. My seat is back a couple inches from stock, and she's kinda crushed.

Red, what are the specs on your seat.... I moved mine back and up... was told rider backrest was not an option.... really want a backrest!!

Backrest lean back

On my 2017 FreeWheeler After I tried to bend my bar back and ruining it. I bought another one. I and using a 2017 ultra classic Sundowner seat, which make it tight fit to back rest with the Corbin wrap around backrest. I ended using spacers under the screws on the backrest base. Put 5 small shim type washers out and used longer screws to make backrest bar sit straight up. Then passenger can have room to move around some

Shims

I tried shims made out of washers and stack them about 3/8 inch tall - Still didn't give me the angle I wanted - The local fabrication shop clamped it to a table - Heated it at the first bend and pulled it back about 1-1/2 inches - Couldn't be happier with the result - Harley really missed the ball by not making this adjustable in the first place.

Maybe the aftermarket people will offer a better option one of these days - Like a 24" tall version

It's a Corbin Freewheeler seat. No specs really, they ask how tall you are, inseam, whatever, and build it for you. Very customized!

Yeah I know, well kinda. I have a Corbin that I went to the Corbin shop in Daytona and ordered my seat, we never did the inseam details. My seat is up and back I want to say 2 inches and wider than normal, but they told me I could not have a backrest with the way we set up the seat, was hoping that had changed.

Yeah I know, well kinda. I have a Corbin that I went to the Corbin shop in Daytona and ordered my seat, we never did the inseam details. My seat is up and back I want to say 2 inches and wider than normal, but they told me I could not have a backrest with the way we set up the seat, was hoping that had changed.

Gotcha. You'd definitely need to get in touch with them. My seat came with the backrest mount incorporated... ol' lady talked me into one, and it slides in just fine, she's just regretting it a bit because it definitely infringes on her space. I have to rock it forward or it tries to get pretty intimate with her, and if I lean back and the backrest pivots back, I hear about it pretty quick.

Gotcha. You'd definitely need to get in touch with them. My seat came with the backrest mount incorporated... ol' lady talked me into one, and it slides in just fine, she's just regretting it a bit because it definitely infringes on her space. I have to rock it forward or it tries to get pretty intimate with her, and if I lean back and the backrest pivots back, I hear about it pretty quick.

I might have to do that.... although now that I dropped the coin on the 19 and transferred the corbin over I have other stuff I need to pick up first LOL never ends right....

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png