Maggie Valley 2015

Biltmore Estate Excursion?

Besides the beautiful, scenic rides in and around Maggie Valley, there are a number of attractions in the area that we can enjoy. Does anyone have an interest in a ride to Asheville to tour the Biltmore Estate? Its looks to be only about a 20 mile ride from the hotel so this could be a nice excursion for those who haven't seen it. We have never been so we dont have an opinion on the place, prices, etc, but I hear it is pretty amazing. This would be a morning ride and tour of the estate and then lunch somewhere in the Asheville area. From what I read on their website, the estate tour would take a minimum of 2 hours for the basic self guided tour. I didnt see prices so I will call to check that out. Feedback?

http://www.biltmore.com/

That goes for me too!! Scott, how's the knee doing? You going to be able to ride comfortably?

Only took a short ride a couple of days ago. It felt ok on the trike, but sore off of it. It was stiff, but I was only 6 days post-op. feeling better every day! We will be at MV for sure!

- - - Updated - - -

Besides the beautiful, scenic rides in and around Maggie Valley, there are a number of attractions in the area that we can enjoy. Does anyone have an interest in a ride to Asheville to tour the Biltmore Estate? Its looks to be only about a 20 mile ride from the hotel so this could be a nice excursion for those who haven't seen it. We have never been so we dont have an opinion on the place, prices, etc, but I hear it is pretty amazing. This would be a morning ride and tour of the estate and then lunch somewhere in the Asheville area. From what I read on their website, the estate tour would take a minimum of 2 hours for the basic self guided tour. I didnt see prices so I will call to check that out. Feedback?

All Carolyn has spoken about is doing the Tail of the Dragon! Anything else is gravy...yummmm...gravy!

We've been there numerous times, Spring, Fall and Christmas and it is amazing! Plan on about 3 hours to tour the house and winery. They have places to eat on the grounds so you will not have to leave and come back.

If you go, it's better to get your tickets online at their website. Sometimes they have discounts or limit the number of people at a time.

After your tour, ride a few exits further (exit 59) to Swannanoa and visit a very nice Harley Dealer.

Count me in Zook! I think it sounds like a good trip with a great destination.

early arrival

We are at Hillbilly cg. just a few doors down from HQ.
www.hillbillycampground.com/
We should be there 9/3-14
if anybody else comes early and wants to ride, message me for cell

Who all are going from Ohio?

It's just about time to start making plans to ride down together if you would like to. KWPutt, his wife, and I are leaving out early Sunday morning Sept. 6th, anyone else game? Should be a good time.

Don't pass up the Biltmore tour.
We were in Maggie Valley a few years ago for our Friends On Wheels Rally and visited it. All we could say was WOW!!.
We also stayed at the Best Western, nice place and close to everything.
To forget the "Wheels Though Time" Museum in Maggie Valley. That's another half day tour.

Lot of Great Day Ride Routes out of Maggie Valley also...Check Your Maps ahead of time. Look at Roads like 441, 109, 215, 246, 28, 129, 19, 64, 74, as well as Little River Road, Cherohala Skyway, Warwoman Road, Road to Nowhere, etc., etc. Endless Riding while You are there.....ThumbUp

You don't wanna' miss this one Folks...Maggie Valley, Blue Ridge Parkway, Smoky Mountains, and the Perfect Time of Year...get that Registration turned in...if not, You'll wish You had when the "Pics-n-Posts" start pouring in afterwards...Hope to see YOU there.....ThumbUp

Hate to post this, but . . .

John and I regrettably have to cancel on the MV Rally this year. I can't walk anymore at all, and John won't leave me home alone. We were all ready to pack and finally faced the facts. My stroke has left me partially paralyzed, and getting around to do Rally stuff - even going to get ice cream - is darn near impossible. We really wanted to see our friends again, but please stay in touch.

We'll miss you and we hope everyone has a great time! :(

John and I regrettably have to cancel on the MV Rally this year. I can't walk anymore at all, and John won't leave me home alone. We were all ready to pack and finally faced the facts. My stroke has left me partially paralyzed, and getting around to do Rally stuff - even going to get ice cream - is darn near impossible. We really wanted to see our friends again, but please stay in touch.

We'll miss you and we hope everyone has a great time! :(

"BUMMER" Nancy.....Hope You see some improvement over the coming months.....:(

Alright.... got my kitchen pass for this event. Will be coming by my lonesome, the wife has to work. Hey, somebody's gotta pay for the running around. :D

This is the real kitchen pass. Been tearing out cabinets & installing new.. nearly done. Replaced the roof on the back deck, replaced a few pieces of bad siding, paint... this damn retirement is hard work. I need a break.

ETA, hate to hear about ya Nancy, you & John were great friends at E'Springs.

I hope the wife & I can visit Ft Hood again (last time was 1976) and look ya'll up.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png