water in my rear lights

First, IF water was entering the rear lamp assembly via the twist to lock and seal port for the actual bulbs one could NOT ever blow the water out from within the lens housing without removing the assemblies from the trike body, removing the bulbs, and then simply pouring the water out! Don't believe that is what is happening!

Me thinks someone is getting water collecting under and behind the lamp assembly and the fiberglass trike body mounting location for the lamp assembly that is being blown out with either a leaf blower or compressed air. ANY water collecting there in that matter will just evaporate and do no damage.:Shrug:

ETA: posted before seeing the pics posted by Roadsmith!

First, IF water was entering the rear lamp assembly via the twist to lock and seal port for the actual bulbs one could NOT ever blow the water out from within the lens housing without removing the assemblies from the trike body, removing the bulbs, and then simply pouring the water out! Don't believe that is what is happening!

Me thinks someone is getting water collecting under and behind the lamp assembly and the fiberglass trike body mounting location for the lamp assembly that is being blown out with either a leaf blower or compressed air. ANY water collecting there in that matter will just evaporate and do no damage.:Shrug:

ETA: posted before seeing the pics posted by Roadsmith!

I have looked and i believe your correct here........... I am a very happy boy, now that I realize, how this is made,,,,,,,,,,,,,:hooray:

Ronnie

Thanks Fuz,

Will have to check in the spring, now that she's in for her hibernation period, She's up on jacks, all covered over, and located in a very cold garage....BUT winterized properly, I go all thru the bike B4 putting her up for the winter, ALL fluids have been replaced, and all filters replaced.....battery in my cellar on charger......... So when April first comes around, she's ready too ride.......

Ronnie

Ronnie, if you move to Florida you can ride 24/7/365 and not have to go thru all that BS.

Wife and I are, now thinking about becoming snow birds and moving to Fla. for the winter........ I love to snow ski, but at 70 yrs old, I still love it, but, as you can guess, it's getting hard'rr and hard'rr

to really enjoy it , like I used too........

Sooooooooooooooo hopefully Clearwater Fla. will have new citizens, coming this next winter season....

Ronnie

Wife and I are, now thinking about becoming snow birds and moving to Fla. for the winter........ I love to snow ski, but at 70 yrs old, I still love it, but, as you can guess, it's getting hard'rr and hard'rr

to really enjoy it , like I used too........

Sooooooooooooooo hopefully Clearwater Fla. will have new citizens, coming this next winter season....

Ronnie

Way too crowed up there Ronnie. Gotta go farther south to get out of the rat race. 75, 275, 19. It will make you crazy!....er LOL

One thing to consider if you're looking anywhere down this way, many HOA including mobile home parks do not allow motorcycles, something to consider.

One thing to consider if you're looking anywhere down this way, many HOA including mobile home parks do not allow motorcycles, something to consider.

Very good point;) I was surprised when looking for a house how many parts of Jacksonville had HOA, it was a deal breaker for us

I do not want any part of having to pay blood money to be told what I can and cannot do

Very good point;) I was surprised when looking for a house how many parts of Jacksonville had HOA, it was a deal breaker for us

I do not want any part of having to pay blood money to be told what I can and cannot do

I totally agree with you here, I'm not going to live in an area that tells me that I can't have my (very quiet) Honda Goldwing, or my commercial licensed, service 12 foot box truck , parking in my paid for, in full, parking spot.... This truck is my life line, my office, my tool(s) carrier... I'm a licensed plumber and heating contractor.............. my truck ~n~ tools go where I go....(well, except maybe church, on Sunday mornings.....

Ronnie

Back to tail lights the wife and I was at a red light the other day and a Ram truck had water sloshing around in his tail light the wife says why is there water in his light and I said he probably lives on a dirt road and that keeps his tail light clean, it was probably a mile down the road when I got hit by the wife and told that was not funny :biggrin:

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png