09+ Stabilizer

Reaction score
Has any one tried one of these on their 09+ TriGlide?....
I did put a dampner style link on the front of engine, but wondered if one of these would be of benefit as well?????
HaNkB
:confused:

Attachments

• $_57.jpg
    $_57.jpg
    183.6 KB · Views: 198
This kit is designed for the 09+ models..It bolts to the starter housing and I presume to the frame near where the right heat deflector goes...I do believe the rear does flex on my trike, and with the dampner style link added to the front, allows the rear end to twist even more...I can see how the rigid link on the front breaks the bolts off the head from swingarm / engine twist and just wondering how this kit would work and if it would put strain on the 2 starter housing bolts, or the frame area for that matter...Hmm...Always new products and we are the testers..!!!

- - - Updated - - -

$_57.JPG

When Harley designed the frame for the Triglide they beefed it up, I'd be shocked if it twisted. I've had the front end up a couple times, done some burnouts and hammerd many of windy roads and never felt any flex. I'd be hesitant to stiffen things up more than they are.

Mike...I was referring to the powertrain twisting in the frame, not the frame itself twisting..it seems as even tho the powertrain is mounted on 4 isolators on the 09+ that they still twist..This is what puts strain on the upper front link which tends to break the bolts in the head off...Now that iv put a dampened link on there, it appears to me I have allowed the powertrain to twist, somewhat like the previous 08- version on just 3 isolators...This kit appears to mount to the starter bolts and frame to keep the rear of the powertrain from twisting in the frame...Not sure if its a good idea or not...
Im just reaserching the product too see if anyone has actually put one on a 09+ chassis, 2 or 3 wheeled..HanKb.

Mike...I was referring to the powertrain twisting in the frame, not the frame itself twisting..it seems as even tho the powertrain is mounted on 4 isolators on the 09+ that they still twist..This is what puts strain on the upper front link which tends to break the bolts in the head off...Now that iv put a dampened link on there, it appears to me I have allowed the powertrain to twist, somewhat like the previous 08- version on just 3 isolators...This kit appears to mount to the starter bolts and frame to keep the rear of the powertrain from twisting in the frame...Not sure if its a good idea or not...
Im just reaserching the product too see if anyone has actually put one on a 09+ chassis, 2 or 3 wheeled..HanKb.

Oops, good old night shift head up the butt ides kind of bit me. I'd watch things real close if you decide to give this a try, its bound to place stress on the inner primary which might crack it or cause a leak.

Experience with Alloy Art Touring Stabilizer?

I have to do some revitalization on this thread :cool:

At the moment I have the problem with a broken bolt on my front motor stabilizer. Hopefully my mechanician can fix it fast, because it's season opening :gah:

The threadstarter mentioned the Alloy Art Touring Stabilizer - has anyone installed this thing on a Tri Glide?

How is the experience? Especially with a view on the front stabilizer and the force on it?

I have to do some revitalization on this thread :cool:

At the moment I have the problem with a broken bolt on my front motor stabilizer. Hopefully my mechanician can fix it fast, because it's season opening :gah:

The threadstarter mentioned the Alloy Art Touring Stabilizer - has anyone installed this thing on a Tri Glide?

How is the experience? Especially with a view on the front stabilizer and the force on it?

Hans....The broken bolt is an easy fix, If the mechanic gos about it in a calm way, I had mine break on my 11 Tri-Glide, ..I Very lightly with a chisel taped the bolt counterclockwise , It should spin out, The reason it broke was the bolt was loose and the mount guillotined it.. Sometimes the will try an easy-out.....And if their not careful with that they will booger the cylinder head and then that will have to be replaced also...$$$

Unfortunately it is a problem, because it is the inner bolt, covered by a frame tube and, it broke about 0,2 inch deep in the head.

The thread fortunately seems to be intact, but he has to pull the head, for a save removal of the remaining part of the bolt :xzqxz:

Today is a holidy, he can provide the head seal tomorrow, Monday is the next holiday, so the work starts on Tuesday ... hopefully, the head has no further damage.

Anyway, fortunately this is covered by warranty.

When Harley designed the frame for the Triglide they beefed it up, I'd be shocked if it twisted. I've had the front end up a couple times, done some burnouts and hammerd many of windy roads and never felt any flex. I'd be hesitant to stiffen things up more than they are.

Haven't seen Mike on these threads in awhile. I liked his wisedom :D

Unfortunately it is a problem, because it is the inner bolt, covered by a frame tube and, it broke about 0,2 inch deep in the head.

The thread fortunately seems to be intact, but he has to pull the head, for a save removal of the remaining part of the bolt :xzqxz:

Today is a holidy, he can provide the head seal tomorrow, Monday is the next holiday, so the work starts on Tuesday ... hopefully, the head has no further damage.

Anyway, fortunately this is covered by warranty.

If it is covered by a warranty?, You did say its a 09...:Shrug:

Then outside of the downtime....Problem solved.....

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Obsidian
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png