social distance

bigtim

40+ Posts
Reaction score
bigtwin.jpeg

Just sitting at home, have not been out for the last 12 days.;) Not sure if the world has gone crazy..The time will give me a chance to do some stuff on my 2010 tri glide. Thank full we still have everything, but just told to stay home.:confused: This will pass but who knows when. btim

Iv'e been practicing Social Distancing for years now..Mostly not by my own choosing...

But it must be working cause every day i read the names in the obituaries i'm still here reading their names, While the people in them are being talked about and not able to read my name....:D..

It's no fun being cooped up and told to stay home as much as possible. We finally had some sunshine and a little warmer weather here, so me and the wife were able to get out for little 100 mile+ ride. Was very enjoyable!

Brand new trike & can only look at it in the garage. Weather finally started getting a little warmer & Ohio got locked down. O well ,will be that much better when we get turned loose. Those of you that are allowed out,,,, ride a couple miles for me. :clapping:

View attachment 85052 Just sitting at home, have not been out for the last 12 days.;) Not sure if the world has gone crazy..The time will give me a chance to do some stuff on my 2010 tri glide. Thank full we still have everything, but just told to stay home.:confused: This will pass but who knows when. btim

Their heads are about 6ft apart.

Brand new trike & can only look at it in the garage. Weather finally started getting a little warmer & Ohio got locked down. O well ,will be that much better when we get turned loose. Those of you that are allowed out,,,, ride a couple miles for me. :clapping:
If it is dry tomorrow I PLAN ON GETTING A FEW MILES IN WE SHALL SEE... I would gladly put a few on for you and your bride stay safe. FredDSC01571.JPG

You can have a few of the ones I did today ... and if weather holds, I'll do some for ya tomorrow.

Man, I'm sorry to see that Ohio is locked down. Bad deal.

I'll ride a few for you.

Interesting note: While we are not locked down here in Mississippi, there are far fewer cars/trucks on the road. On an afternoon ride I might see 15-20 cars (pre CoVid-19). Over the last week or so, I've only been seeing 3-6 cars. Same routes, same amount of time riding, just a lot less people on the road.

Kevin

I put little over 70 miles on today think of those less fortunate or thoughts and prayers are with all...:good: Fred

Interesting note: While we are not locked down here in Mississippi, there are far fewer cars/trucks on the road. On an afternoon ride I might see 15-20 cars (pre CoVid-19). Over the last week or so, I've only been seeing 3-6 cars. Same routes, same amount of time riding, just a lot less people on the road.Kevin

The county I live in (Austin County) is not locked down but several neighboring counties around the Houston area are. Yesterday I went for an 80 mile ride on a loop I ride frequently and saw significantly fewer vehicles on the road than normal. Saw one restaurant that has been there for at least 30 years shut down permanently with a for lease sign on the building.

Sunman

The county I live in (Austin County) is not locked down but several neighboring counties around the Houston area are. Yesterday I went for an 80 mile ride on a loop I ride frequently and saw significantly fewer vehicles on the road than normal. Saw one restaurant that has been there for at least 30 years shut down permanently with a for lease sign on the building.

Sunman

Hey Danny, glad you got out for a good ride ThumbUp

So many people out of jobs now due to the outbreak. Wouldn't be surprised if many businesses didn't open back up after this is over. The housing market is also going to be effected as owners will struggle to keep from losing their properties :(

Hey Danny, glad you got out for a good ride ThumbUp

So many people out of jobs now due to the outbreak. Wouldn't be surprised if many businesses didn't open back up after this is over. The housing market is also going to be effected as owners will struggle to keep from losing their properties :(

Ya got me thinking again :cxtv:

More n more folks will be buying on line. Merchants that are not on line to sell there products will be , if not allready. Malls won’t exist anymore. Small mom and pop shops , done !

USPS , UPS , DHL , and FED X will all benefit from this. People will get used to this type of shopping and continue with it.

All business districts will look like Detroit :Shrug: The vegetation will take over all abandoned buildings.

More n more folks will be buying on line. Merchants that are not on line to sell there products will be , if not allready. Malls won’t exist anymore. Small mom and pop shops , done !

USPS , UPS , DHL , and FED X will all benefit from this. People will get used to this type of shopping and continue with it.

All business districts will look like Detroit :Shrug: The vegetation will take over all abandoned buildings.

Nothing new Frank this is been going on for years my wife and I haven’t been to a mall in more than five years.. Amazon is the wife’s mall..

They wont go abandoned..they will be turned into shelters and medical and kitchens for the homeless at our expense...

Well,we got tired of looking at the trike in the garage. They have been telling people OK to walk in the parks,just keep your distance. So we decided if peeps could walk in the parks, we could ride in the country. Took it out last 2 days & did about 100 miles a day on the 2 lanes. Prob. didn't pass 20 cars in 2 days. No stops just rode. Got a good fix after a week of being isolated. Got it just in time,as it started raining again last nite & should keep it up next few days. Damn that wind felt good. :AllGood:(Dance)(Dance)(Dance)

Back in the 60s before shopping malls we used to go downtown to "Department Stores". They even had elevator operators that would announce what was on each floor as the elevators stopped. Then came the malls and downtown areas became run down slums. In the early 70s shopping malls were filled with stores and packed with shoppers. Now shopping malls have lots of empty stores and are used by people without motorcycles as a walking arena. malls suck and I will never miss them. My mother used to work at the lunch counter at the "Bon Marche" I used to go there after school for a free milk shake.

We are also on lock down in Idaho of all places. My trike doesn't understand lock down and we still ride.

Well,we got tired of looking at the trike in the garage. They have been telling people OK to walk in the parks,just keep your distance. So we decided if peeps could walk in the parks, we could ride in the country. Took it out last 2 days & did about 100 miles a day on the 2 lanes. Prob. didn't pass 20 cars in 2 days. No stops just rode. Got a good fix after a week of being isolated. Got it just in time,as it started raining again last nite & should keep it up next few days. Damn that wind felt good. :AllGood:(Dance)(Dance)(Dance)

I re read the "Stay at Home Order" for my state ... there is wiggle room in it like you said, if peeps can walk their dog, walk the parks, cross country ski (in Colorado that's big), and go to liquor stores ... I figure I could "Walk my trike" :D

Alas, it was nice at 0600, by 0800, we had snow/rain. :gah:

Starting tomorrow, we are heading into about a week of 60's and mostly sunny. I have a feeling the Fat Bottom Girl is gonna need so "walking" :D, not to mention, I'll get an upper body work out, since my gym is closed. An they are still charging me $10 a month, might need to give them a call.

I re read the "Stay at Home Order" for my state ... there is wiggle room in it like you said, if peeps can walk their dog, walk the parks, cross country ski (in Colorado that's big), and go to liquor stores ... I figure I could "Walk my trike" :D

Alas, it was nice at 0600, by 0800, we had snow/rain. :gah:

Starting tomorrow, we are heading into about a week of 60's and mostly sunny. I have a feeling the Fat Bottom Girl is gonna need so "walking" :D, not to mention, I'll get an upper body work out, since my gym is closed. An they are still charging me $10 a month, might need to give them a call.

I ride my trike because I do not own a car. What is the worse that can happen? I dunno, but I will deal with it when I have to. Until then I will social distance whilst riding :p

I'll get an upper body work out, since my gym is closed. An they are still charging me $10 a month, might need to give them a call.

Man, I am getting old ... when I got the "notice" that my gym was shut down until further notice, I didn't read it all, they have also suspended payments. Some of the "lucky ones" like me, were billed right before the order to shut down, they say they will adjust every thing when they open back up on a day for day basis. Don't I feel silly ... LOL

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Obsidian
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png