What Was Your Favorite Bike?

Papa Zook

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 14, 2007
Conroe, Texas
Besides your current bike/trike, what was your favorite bike you've ever owned. Ive owned dozens over my lifetime starting out with mini bikes, small Hondas, Yamahas, etc. Its hard to pick a single favorite, but if I had to pick just one, my 1974 Honda CB750 in Flake Sunshine Orange would probably be it. It was my first big bike and was fast for its time and pretty classy. I bought it used but in cherry condition in 1978 and kept it for five years. I loved that bike and wish I still had it!

cb750orange-1.jpg

Post a pic of your bike or one like it if you can. To find pics, Google the year make and model of your bike, then click on
pictures and you should see plenty of pics to choose from. Thats what I did for the pic above, not my bike but just like it.​

My 350 R5. Bought new in 1971.

That bike was fast.

I had a friend who was just cleaning out his shop and practically gave me two project R5's. One is a '71 orange/white just like the one you pictured and the other is a '72 in orange/black. Cant wait to get one of the R5s going. 1970, the first year R5 was purple/white as pictured in the ad below, as each year offered only one color combo. They are very light and very fast bikes and would smoke the Honda 750s as I found out!

r5yamaha.jpg

r5tracker.jpg

I found an early '70s Champion Framed AMA Flat Track racer last year just like the one above that Im restoring (one day) with a tweaked R5 motor.
It will be a street tacker with a compact LED head light/tail light setup. 50HP 2 stroke in a 200 lb bike should be fun!​

The 71 won the open bike race in 1971, best i remember was at Talladega.

Paid $450 for it at lake hill motors Corinth MS

My current Yamaha road star silverado was bought new at same place, by previous owner.
His wife was expecting, it had to go, i bought it at 2945 miles

Besides your current bike/trike, what was your favorite bike you've ever owned. Ive owned dozens over my lifetime starting out with mini bikes, small Hondas, Yamahas, etc. Its hard to pick a single favorite, but if I had to pick just one, my 1974 Honda CB750 in Flake Sunshine Orange would probably be it. It was my first big bike and was fast for its time and pretty classy. I bought it used but in cherry condition in 1978 and kept it for five years. I loved that bike and wish I still had it!

cb750orange-1.jpg

Post a pic of your bike or one like it if you can. To find pics, Google the year make and model of your bike, then click on
pictures and you should see plenty of pics to choose from. Thats what I did for the pic above, not my bike but just like it.​

I had the identical bike. I bought it new and eventually put a Vetter Fairing on it. Same year and same color. I traded it in 76 for a new Z1 900 Kawasaki that was a great bike and fast but I think My 1962 Norton Scrambler was my favorite. I traded a 61 Ducati scrambler for it in 62 and I dirt raced it.

Notice the button up shirt and low cut shoes.

Safety equipment, "What was That?"

My first motorcycle, not counting the mini bikes, was a red 1970 Honda CL-100 I got for my 14th birthday. I rode the wheels off that bike every day, it changed my life and forever made me a motorcycle lover. Seems like yesterday!

cl100rightside3.jpg

I had the identical bike. I bought it new and eventually put a Vetter Fairing on it. Same year and same color. I traded it in 76 for a new Z1 900 Kawasaki that was a great bike and fast but I think My 1962 Norton Scrambler was my favorite. I traded a 61 Ducati scrambler for it in 62 and I dirt raced it.

Notice the button up shirt and low cut shoes.

Safety equipment, "What was That?"

I added a black Vetter Fairing to my Honda 750 too Dave but later pulled it off and put a 4 into one Kerker header on it. Ran it baffle-out and loved the way it sounded, always got the chick's attention :D even the cops a few times...:AGGHH: but back then they didnt care so much. Don't you wish you had the Norton and Ducati scramblers back? I had an old Bultaco I wish I still had.

Wasn't my first bike by far , But it was my best and i still can't remember why i sold it and that was a new 1999 Sv650, Some times i do things on impulse without rime or reason.

1962 Triumph Bonneville. Traded for it in 1968 for a Springfield 03-A3 and a Cushman Silver Eagle. It was the first street legal bike I owned and was my only transportation for 3 straight years. Never kicked the starter more than twice all the time I owned it. It was blue and silver. I sold it when I joined the Corps and have regretted it every since. Tried to replace it with a 1965 that was the source of many skinned knuckles and cursing bouts. I sold it for a lost to a parts house.

had a few over the years rice burners and pommy and harleys bikes but i think the one i like the best is the one i still got now had it from new is a 1997 FLSTS heritage springer but my vee dub trike is running a close second
have a nice day bluey

This probably doesn't go with the original intent of this thread. I never owned it, but the bike I've always dreamed of owning is an Indian Chief!

Wow....now thats a hard question......I love the big Harley dressers. I had my first at the ripe 'ol age of 26 and never looked back. There is a spot in my heart for two bikes from my past, one is my 1984 Honda V-65 Sabre. 121HP road rocket, that bike would FLY! The other is my mid life bike...LOL A bright red 2008 Buell Ulysses. That was one of the finest bikes I ever owned. I am hoping to one day be able to ride a two wheeler again, and when that day comes, I'll be looking to the Buell to be that bike!

Late 50s Sears Allstate (Vespa) scooter! Very well built, fine little machine. I was 14 or 15 and lived on that thing. Joined the Navy at 17 and gave it to my cousin.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stag man

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stag man
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png