Looking for the best cover

Trikergirl

Feb 2, 2009
California
HI - I am looking for a cover for my trike - not just a dust cover type - There are many choices out there. I plan to travel a lot this summer and we cover our bikes/trikes at night so I am looking for one that is lighter/smaller if possible. I have the new Tri-Glide. Does anyone have any experience with covers good or bad that they would like to share? Any informantion would be great.

Thanks,:confused:

I have the Nelson-Rigg motocycle dust cover, part # TRK.350D XXL

It is very lightweight, rolls up small, and easy to put on and remove. It is, however, not waterproof.... it is a dustcover. I don't usually carry it when we travel, but do use it in the garage to keep the trike clean. It has plenty of room/is made for trikes w/ a tour pack, so it's a bit loose on mine, but that's just fine with me. It meets all my needs and I'm very happy with it!

I have the NELSON RIGGS weather cover. it is lined inside. It has a 40" zipper up the back. Y U Ask? So you can remove things from the trunk with out removing the cover. Was only about $3.00 more than the others I looked at . I bought it 6 years ago and is as good as new . Comes with a storage bag folds up the size of rain gear. Has hold downs straps for the wind.

I have the Nelson cover also. Sounds like the same one that John mentioned. The zipper in back is very handy to have. It fits my Roadsmith with no problem. Have been pleased with it.

Another vote for the Nelson-Rigg. When we got the trike the PO threw in a Dowco cover. Works lide a cover should, but after camping with a friend that had the Defender cover at the Davis Rally I wanted to switch. With the zipper up the back it fits tighter, giving better protection. The Dowco is getting worn out, so I think this is the year we will get the Nelson-Rigg.

I'll cast my vote for the Nelson-Rigg as well. Good quality, waterproof (Defender) and the zipper makes it easy to get into the trunk. Juju, that price you found looks real good! Trikergirl, it will fit the FLHTCUTG.

We want to purchase this cover for our trike. We have the shorty antennas on the back of the trike (HD Ultra Classic with Motor Trike kit) and we are wondering if the cover interferes with them.

Thanks,
moonstar

On the DowCo cover that we have there are 2 reinforced spots that holes would be punched to have the antennas go through, if you had the stock long whips.
A friend had the whips and just pulled his over and hooked them under the bar wires. He now has shortys and just puts the cover over them. He cut a hole in tennis balls to slip over the antennas to lessen the pressure points on the cover. They seem pretty stout, and he says he hasn't had any problems. They do raise the back end of the cover at the bottom a little.
Please note that this is second hand infromation.

JuJu aned Moonstar,

The Nelson Rigg Defender is probably the best designed cover on the market. Not only does it have the zipper up the back, which makes using it simple and access a breeze, it also has a Velcro closed opening that allows you to leave the antennas on the bike when covered.

Its lightweight polyester fabric allows it to be stuffed extremely compactly into its storage bag and takes up very little precious storage space. It also has heat panels, so the trike can be covered immediately.

I have a CSC Trike which is a wider wheel base than most and the cover is very snug around the bottom in the back but it is still the very best in my mind.

Pricing just doesn’t vary much from what you've found. There are some lower base prices out there but shipping is usually higher. The final cost will consistently be in the high $90 range.

Triker Girl,

The Nelson Rigg is very lightweight and much like your lightweight windbreakers, it just stuffs in to a small pouch. We too, travel on the trike and we can pull into the motel (we're not campers). pull the Küryakyn bag off the rack and be relaxing in 5 minutes.

Uncovering and storing is just as quick and it probably takes me longer to clean the windshield than to pack up the trike.

i bought the Nelson riggs with the 40" rear zipper GREAT. Folds easy and fits easy into the storage bag they give you around $75.00 if I remember corrrectly

I also have the Nelson-Rigg cover with a zipper in the back. Easy to get on and off and protects the Trike as well. Ken

Even though I don't get the new Trike until 22 July I went ahead and ordered the Nelson-Rigg cover. Definitely will need it when I trailer my new ride back from TX. Am impressed with the workmanship and materials.

Thanks folks for the heads up on this item.

Cal

D o N O T Cover A B I K E/TRIKE on a trailer while towing it . You will get home with either a ripped cover or a scratched trike or both. Don't ask me how I know TRUST ME I just do. The bike will be cleaner than if you road it . They are designed to get Wet.

We bought the Nelson Rigg weather cover. If we tip our antennas toward each other it fits well. (We have the shorty antennas). Haven't used it yet...just had it out of the box to see how it fits. I think it will be just great!
Thanks everyone for your input. By the way....the zipper will be quite handy. We plan on really using the cover when we go to Sturgis.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markh853

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markh853
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png