What do you say when people ask you how much dat cost?

Mattel

Jul 6, 2008
Charlotte, NC
OK, here is another poll:

What do you say when people ask you how much does your bike cost?

Do you just tell them.
Is that a polite question?
It is kinda weird, but so many people ask.
I would guess for me more people ask, and only about 5% ask in such a way that they say you don't have to answer but they were curious.

What has been your experience?

I've not had the trike that long but still have been asked a couple of times. I simply tell them what a new one would cost.
We rode gold wings several years ago and was asked at almost every service station.
Odly enough I've ridden Harley's for the last 6 or 7 years and don't remember anyone asking.
Most people don't have a clue as to how expensive they are.
Okie
Tulsa, Ok

I guess I wouldn't mind people knowing how much my trike is worth, but I find "How much did it cost?" to be an incredibly rude and presumptuous question, with regard to anything. How is it anybody else's business what I paid for anything of mine, unless I'm trying to sell it? In the same spirit, I would never ask anyone what they paid for their trike or anything else, unless I meant to buy it from them.

Having gotten that out of my system, I want to add that I've only had my trike since 10 March, so only two people have asked me what it cost. I said, "You don't wanna know," which is a nicer way of saying "None of your business, buddy."

Of course, anyone can check the internet for prices for a VTX1300 and a Champion conversion kit, if they REALLY want to know and aren't just being nosy.

I always figure MSRP on both the kit and the trike is public knowledge, so I'll tell them that. Then I say, beyond that each owner adds - or not - per their preference, so no two trikes cost the same thing!

I just tell them it was a present from my wonderful wife... and let it go.
They usually just say wow a nice present. She does handle the money in our family and yes she did buy it for me as a present.......

I wrote a sticky note a with the total build cost plus add on chrome, engine work and the cost of the Ultra and put it in my center windshield bag. All MSRP but only a single total written with a sharpie.

Haven't pulled it out yet but I plan to the next time someone asks me. I also carry smelling salts.

I had a man lean out of his truck window and ask me what it cost? Weird, but it doesn't really bother me. I just say, the price of a nice sports car.

It really just depends on how they ask me you get what you give if they are sincere I have no problem talking trikes with anyone and share the cost :)

I just say it is "priceless"!!:D But if they persist I tell them how much the Screaming Eagle Ultraclassic CVO donor would cost and what the conversion cost and let them do the math and faint!!!:eek::blush: (Don't tell Mrs K though!!! shhhhhhhhhhh :eek:)

When I bought my very first new car, a 1965 Austin Healy Sprite ($1,875.60) I left the sticker on the passenger side window until it wore off. I was never asked.

Why does this seam to be so touchy for some??? I find that the greater majority of folks out there have no real understanding of how much a trike of any brand really cost. Just tell them and be done with it !!!! Everyone I know is proud of their ride and have no problem talking about it to include the general price.
tomg

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PoolmanJC

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PoolmanJC
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png