What kind of seats do you have on your Tri-Glide

Ohio Eddie

Jan 14, 2012
Daytona Beach, Florida
I still have the stock seat on mine and going to go with a different type soon, my left hip starts to hurt after about a 80 mile ride, when I had a Heritage Softail a few years back it wasnt anything to knock off 200 to 250 mile and no problems, I know, I'm a little older and with that brings aches and pains I never had before, just looking for direction on seats.

I was hurting in the bend of my legs, where my leg meets my body (don't know what that is called) and thought it was my stock seat. My intention was to get a Mustang, but was waiting until it got closer to riding season. I do ride most of the year, but not as much as normal in the winter. One day went for a ride and put on a different pair of boots. I always rode with my cowboy boots on, 2 1/2" heel, up to this point. During the ride I realized that my legs were not hurting. So the next time we went for a ride wore the same Ariat low heel boots that I wore last time. My legs didn't hurt. I have been wearing the Ariats ever since and no leg pain. What kind of boots are you wearing?

I have an '09 and just started riding last fall. I'm tall and the new ('11 and '12) seats don't fit but the '09 does. I added a Hawk gel pad that was very comfortable but i didn't like sitting up that much higher with my height. I added an Air Zepplin seat and a backrest and I love the set up.

One warning about a gel pad. In the summer time, if you leave your bike parked outside for any length of time, the gel absorbs heat from the sun. This can make for a very uncomfortable ride. If you think the triglides run hot now, wait until you put a gel seat on it.

I had a Saddleman seat with the gel insert in it and once I learned about the heat issue, I swore I would never buy another gel seat again.

Had the Zeppelin seats on the Ultra and loved 'em - had no problem on any of our 'big trips' . . . have stock seats on the GW along with B&G seat covers (velour with about 1/4" of foam) - almost as comfy, cool in the summer and warm in the winter!!

I swithced to the Harley Hammock looking for something a little wider with a little more support. That was a good move and it works well. I added an AirHawk and that helped more. Just added the AirHawk R. The R version is cut a little differently and is a bit wider to match the seat. That seems to have hit the spot for me. It has been very comfortable on longer rides in the 250 to 300 mile per day range.

GLenn

I made a wood bead seat for my 2011,haven't been over 200 miles in one day but it is alot cooler.The air flows thru it real good.Taking a trip next month so i hope it's as comfortable as it is cool.

Have changed to a Corbin seat and back rest. Added the tour pack rest for the wife, it has longer arms than the Harley one. I am comfortable with the Corbin.

I bought a mustang backrest to help with the comfort level of the stock seat and it helped a lot. I plan to stop by the Saddleman vender site during Laconia Bike Week. I own the Road Sofa saddle they make and also have a stock seat off my '03 Ultra that I had them rebuild with the jell pads. So, my plan is to have them install the jell pads while I wait. I think the last time I did that process it cost about $80.00 or so.

The stock seat on my trike seems to be the tipical H-D, kind of want to change seats tomorrow affair, again. lol

I am 68 and I hurt when I ride over a couple hundred miles, old and out of shape. These after market seats can get expensive, how do you know where to start. Trial and error is cost prohibitive.

I am 68 and I hurt when I ride over a couple hundred miles, old and out of shape. These after market seats can get expensive, how do you know where to start. Trial and error is cost prohibitive.

Going by some one elses opinion is a bad way to go. What I think is comfortable maybe not be for you.

That was my concern. I went with the Air Zepplin because it was big (like me) and was adjustable. I figured the adjustment feature would allow for infinite changes until I found what was really comfortable and so far I would have to say my theory was correct.

Mean City Cycles has a good reputation on rebuilding your current seat. I have never sent them one but have heard nothing bad, and only good. This means you have to send them your seat, so unless you have a spare, you are seatless until it comes back. This would be the most cost effective method. You tell them where it hurts and they will try to fix that. See their order form.

My two wheeler seat kills my butt and I was going to send it to them, but never did. My trike seat is much better, so I may or may not send it to them.
Mean City Cycles - Custom Seat Modifications

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png