• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

trikeleader

Director-Trike Owners International
Feb 19, 2008
Imperial,Missouri
It has been suggested that we move the rally to a more central state in the country.
This poll is to see what you, the members, think of this idea.

Shall the rally stay where it is?
Shall the rally be moved?

I like the idea of a rally that moves around the country.Being close to me would be great - but not fair to those that live farther away.Give everyone an equal chance to attend without crossing the entire US>
My thoughts,
Tip

The Blue Knights for the past 35 years having found that moving around to be the most effective to maintain the morale and integrity of the organization.

Doug

Moving further west would leave me out of next years rally. If it's still in Maggie Valle, I'll be there. But I do agree that all members should have a chance to attend the rally.

It either needs to be more centrally located or move it around the country,if you want to increase attendance.

Here's a thought, Who is going to setup this rotational rally every year? How will they know how many are going to attend to book a large enough motel? Maggie Valley is working now because the small volunteer group has been able to make the required contracts over the last 3 years to make the rally happen without an enormous work load. Move it to a new location will require a lot of local members to that area to step up and try to put a rally together. All these other organizations mentioned are well established dues paying groups. We are a small family style group volunteer organization, that just thought it would be nice to meet every once in awhile to meet and greet. I believe regional meetings setup by the regional groups can be a great supplement to our annual Maggie Vally family re-union.

Here's a thought, Who is going to setup this rotational rally every year? How will they know how many are going to attend to book a large enough motel? Maggie Valley is working now because the small volunteer group has been able to make the required contracts over the last 3 years to make the rally happen without an enormous work load. Move it to a new location will require a lot of local members to that area to step up and try to put a rally together. All these other organizations mentioned are well established dues paying groups. We are a small family style group volunteer organization, that just thought it would be nice to meet every once in awhile to meet and greet. I believe regional meetings setup by the regional groups can be a great supplement to our annual Maggie Vally family re-union.

Very well said, lots of work to make the rally go as smooth as it does.

I have been to Maggie Valley three times and although a nice area with great riding roads if it is held there next year I will not attend but select another rally at another location. I do indeed go to these rallys to socialize but it is also my vacation and I like to see new things and ride to other areas.

In just the short time I have been a board member I've seen our member roll grow by leaps and bounds. I'm sure there are lots of folks that would love to actually meet other members but just can't make the trip all the way to Maggie Valley. I understand the sentiment of keeping the rally there but think if occasionally it were moved around to other parts of the country way more members could attend. By mid to late June, the weather in nearly all parts of the lower 48 is pretty nice (some may still be a tad cool) so that should not be a huge concern.

I am not a huge rally attender as a rule but would sure do this one if possible. I wanted to visit Maggie valley last year by surgery prevented it. I'll be there this fall though. Yes, I know it's not the same...

Ride Save My Friends!!!

well I for one will continue to do Maggie Valley each year because it is a beautiful place to ride---with or without a Ralley
That said we would also do the ralley if it were feasable ---Branson Mo area is a beautiful more centralized area ?

To be fair to all the members, We need to move the rally from time to time so everyone gets an equal shot at attending. People should take turns traveling long distances to the rally. As for setting up a rally, two of us (me and Marge) have already gotten a proposal for a hotel, meal and maps for about 10 different rides. This was done in one weekend. The main flavor of the rally will still be preserved. ThumbUp

Gorilla Re: 2013 Rally

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here's a thought, Who is going to setup this rotational rally every year? How will they know how many are going to attend to book a large enough motel? Maggie Valley is working now because the small volunteer group has been able to make the required contracts over the last 3 years to make the rally happen without an enormous work load. Move it to a new location will require a lot of local members to that area to step up and trTy to put a rally together. All these other organizations mentioned are well established dues paying groups. We are a small family style group volunteer organization, that just thought it would be nice to meet every once in awhile to meet and greet. I believe regional meetings setup by the regional groups can be a great supplement to our annual Maggie Vally family re-union.

Our first rally was 2012. We will go again regardless of where we pick. To me, it was the friends on this site that drew us to the Rally. The riding was great, but we would've come even without the Dragon. Whatever the choice...COUNT US IN!:D

Personally I go to socialize with the members - I've been to two so far, and haven't ridden at either one! :laugh: Now that I know I can trailer mine, the "where" isn't so important anymore. Plus, if there's less twists & turns I may actually sneak in a ride next year! ThumbUp

That being said, $$ is always an issue for me (as with many others) so I need to start saving now if I want to go to 2013. And since I'll have to take the guzzler (hubby's truck) no matter where it's held, I'll need to save extra for gas money. Unless I hit the lottery - in which case, I'll be buying a nice, cushy trike and I'll ride that!! ;)

Looking at the poll so far, I'm guessing it won't be Maggie Valley next year. Is there a deadline for the poll? Oops, never mind! Just saw the closing date. Question answered!! :)

I have been a GWRRA member for more than 25 years and have attended many Wing Ding Rallies, yes they do have their rallies in several areas to keep their membership alive. Changing to different sites, have advantages and disadvantages. My question is how many of you now travel with a group on a regular basis and don't you pretty much go to the same areas all the time. So I think it is not a good argument that you have seen Maggie Valley several times. A good argument is that you want to be in a central location for all the members to possibly attend. Regardless of what the outcome is, there is a rule called 20/80 (parietal) rule. 20% of the people do all the work and 20% also create the issues for any organization.

this was a tough vote for me, we made it to Maggie Valley just once ( 2011) and the location is awesome. It is difficult though for the people farther west to make it each year. Another vote for Branson Area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wildthang

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wildthang
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png