• Keep rally where it is

Votes: 37 33.0%
  • Move rally to a central US state

Votes: 75 67.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
About an hour from Branson and bit to the west and just across the Arkansas border is Eureka Springs, also great riding, interesting shops in town, motorcycle friendly, and some interesting places to visit in the general area.

I'll second this location. Eureka Springs hosts a number of events and has great riding all around it. Just south is Hwy23 that offers one of the best m/c roads in the USA.

Seems strange to me that 1200 people have read this and only 92 voted.Sounds like we still have a great silent majority.RIDE SAFE

A Really Silent Majority.....:Shrug:.....I really figured the Western and Central USA Members would be all over this.....ThumbUp

YUP, I'm just a bit surprised also. Maybe they are out riding... :Trike1:

I was reading through some of the posts since I threw my nickel in (use to be only 2 cents). There are good pros and cons.... As I said before I'm not much on Rally attendance but what we have isn't really the same.....

Zook makes a good point. These "Meet and Greet" get togethers might be more successful as well publicized regional TrikeTalk functions with an open invitation to all members.

For many of us, it's a lot easier to ride a few hundred miles then a couple thousand so just maybe there would be better participation. If a member was wanting to visit another regional event I'm sure they would be very welcome...

Any of that make sense????...

Hello Everyone,

I haven’t responded to a posted in a very long time. So Iguess it is time. I had planned on attending the last get together but ended uphaving another surgery on my jaw and could not attend.

I love the travel to and from the rally’s as attending themand getting to put faces to names and visit. The heat gets to my better halfeven with infused Air conditioning to her riding attire so I have to attendsome alone. I prefer to be able to attend events together then by self.

Do to the fact my stallion has been dead for over a yearnow. I just bought a trailer to winch it onto so I hope to be able to findsomeone that can get it fixed so we can get out and about again. I will be ableto trailer it to some of the events when it is so hot so she can attend no Ihad to buy this trailer. So that is a plus buying the trailer we will be ableto attend more together.

I am an old Iron Butt so don’t mind the rides to the rally’sor events. (usually but the age is starting to make me give a little more LOL)

Any place in the Ozarks is great as it is on the east coast.Yes it would be nice to have it more in the central area but you need to keepit in the early summer if you do because of the heat being so high out hereanymore. There use to be a tri State rally in Branson in the Aug that weattended but the heat was high and that affects the little gatherings to visitand BS with each other.

The BIGGEST problem is the help in arrangements for theevent as it has been mentioned here in other post. As I have firsthandknowledge on what it takes to get things put together. That can make or breakan event no matter its location. The rides are always good. But it really getsdown to the structure. There is a lot of time in arrangements for lodging,group meal, rides, supplying area info for the groups that want to venture offand planned events.

There is a lot and I mean a lot of hours of foot work andtime on the phone and in person making arrangements hoping it will keep themajority happy. Having it in the same place and time helps usually with making arrangingwith the lodging and some of the eating establishments for the next year.

If you move it for 1 time or as much as 2 or 3 years in oneplace there is still need folks needed to help with the arrangements. And withover 250 people showing the lodging usually is more eager for that business andtries to sweeten the pot. But you have to have folks willing to dedicate a lotof time for the planning.

Now you got volunteers willing to help. Now you have to getthem all to agree on what each other’s input is and how much actual time they really can supply to make it all cometogether. This is can really take a toll on friendships and sometimes it hardto keep the help as a whole.

Good Luck with the decision and I will do my best to attend whereever it is held.

I would love to be selfish and vote to keep it where it is now. However,That isn't fair to others who would love to attend. I would love to one day get out to MO or Ark. but don't see it feasible for us in the near future, mainly because we also run two businesses, with one involving livestock.

The reason we love MV so much, is the small hometown feel, no traffic to speak of and of course, the museum that George loves so much. Also, the hotels are so reasonably priced.

Thats the same feeling I have Joan. Honestly, I would rather leave it where it is indefinately because for one I dont like change, its a much shorter drive for me to get there and most all the bugs have been worked out, but keeping it so far east is not in the best interest of the membership as a whole. We have a huge Texas membership and I know its a very long, hot ride for those folks. Try as I might, I have yet to talk Scalphunter into trailering and I fear BlondieGal might expire from heatstroke and I'd hate to have that guilt on me. ;)

I googled the milege from our house to Branson and Eureka Springs and it is right around 1200 miles. I would certainly do that if I were fully retired, but if I am going to take a two week vacation, we let's just say, it would be somewhere cooler that time of year. It would be great for John and Nancy though and they deserve that!

I am very new here and will not even have Bike converted till just after Christmas. That being said I like the idea of regional rallies and then with a National if need be. It would be hard to take 2 weeks off and that is just about what it would take, 3-4 days there same back and of course the time there. Just my 2 cents

Well, since I am from Mo I would vote for Branson or Eureka Springs. We are going to Branson this weekend and have reservations at a Choice Hotel for around 50.00. The Springs would be less traffic and has some of the most beautiful bike rides, imo, in the nation. The Springs is also a very biker friendly community. I feel like they would welcome us with open arms. I'm all for it and would definitely attend.

I appreciate everyone's input. What I am hearing is that having the main rally in a more central location and possibly moving it every 2-3 years might be the best soulution as it would be accessable to a majority of members. It would also keep it "fresh" as far as variety of different rides, scenery, dining, entertainment, etc. Eureka Springs, AK has been suggested so we are exploring that option.

I have a good friend from LA and recommends Eureka Springs as a great area for riding. it is not too far from Branson, but according to Mac it is the premier riding area for all of Arkansas! I would love Eureka Springs!

Thats the same feeling I have Joan. Honestly, I would rather leave it where it is indefinately because for one I dont like change, its a much shorter drive for me to get there and most all the bugs have been worked out, but keeping it so far east is not in the best interest of the membership as a whole. We have a huge Texas membership and I know its a very long, hot ride for those folks. Try as I might, I have yet to talk Scalphunter into trailering and I fear BlondieGal will die of heatstroke and I'd hate to have that guilt on me.

It's been interesting to me to sit back and watch the votes as they come in. As Randy says, for us as administrators, it is simplest, within a 1-day ride for both of us, and most convenient to stay in Maggie Valley--not to mention we love that area. But it is also important to us to accommodate the majority of members if possible. Eureka Springs area seems to have some real advantages in that way, is a 2-day trip for both Zook/Marge and Mike/me, and offers rides that promise to be as enjoyable as those in the Smokies. So while it is less convenient for both of us, it is still doable; and with the poll results as they are, I think we really need to work our way in that direction.

Tom (Trikeleader) has recently spent several days in Eureka Springs scouting the area and getting quotes on lodging, looking at various facilities, etc. Based on his findings and a majority vote, we have made the decision that 2013 TTR-VI will be held in Eureka Springs. Tom will be starting a new thread with details on accommodations, area attractions, etc. Thank you for everyone's input.

Also, I wanted to say, the town of Eureka Springs is all about motorcycles and hosts numerous major rallys year round. The Mayor and Chief of Police and the Hotel owner (the former Mayor) all ride and have planned a LOT of great activities just for TrikeTalk / T.O.I. members. When Tom makes his post with the details I think everyone will be very impressed and excited.

Not to totally let the cat out of the bag, but I will share a few highlites:
  • The host hotel will be the same $80 rate as Maggie Valley
  • The hotel is large enough to house our entire group
  • The Mayor and/or Chief of Police will personally host a parade for us through the city
  • The hotel will host bingo on premises with prizes donated by local merchants
  • There is a nice miniature golf course on the hotel premises
  • There will be poolside big screen movies hosted for us nightly
  • Our catered meal will be held in the hotel's air conditioned ballroom
  • Secure enclosed storage will be available for your pull behind trailer
  • A variety of outstanding rides are planned
  • ....and much more!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkile1
Back