• Keep rally where it is

Votes: 37 33.0%
  • Move rally to a central US state

Votes: 75 67.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with Doug (RETDPD). The Blue Knights change their International meeting place every year. This year it's in Tyler, Texas which I'll be attending. It's only fair to say that by changing the location annually this gives everybody a chance to attend one year.<br />
<br />
I believe the best way to handle this is to have everyone vote this year where to have it next year. Then at the 2013 rally form some type of committee to determine where to have it in 2014. Those who attend the 2013 rally should be able to vote on the 2014 rally or whatever decision is made by a the committee. But some type of organization needs to be formed to handle this issue.<br />
<br />
The Blue Knights vote on a location every two years. Example. This year they will vote where to have the International meeting for the next two years. I'm just suggesting some ideas that might assist in determining a location.

This is a tough one to call, TT Rally has grown each year just through word of mouth to the nice size crowd that attended in Maggie Valley this year......yet there are some rallies that are very successful and attendence grows each year like Americade in Lake George that has been at that location for over 25 years.......surely people are tired of the location but they seem to go back every year....personally, I love Maggie Valley,don't think you can possibly see all the nearby interests in one rally visit...............but, I do live close enough that I can visit Maggie Valley any other time as well.......so, I see why the other members farther away would like it closer so they could attend and meet the members!........I will try to attend no matter where it is located.

We love the Smokies. Would go there every year if the TT rally stays in that area. Looking at the members map for the US, it seems the vast majority (about 2:1?) of the TT members are in the east half of the country. Trike Talk Membership Map
Moving the rally a bit west (Branson has been suggested) may open it up to more folks, but too much west (say, Reno) could close it down to even more US members. >NOT trying to marginalize the folks out west, it is just the didtribution of TT members in the country.<

Branson has come up, and it is in a great riding area. The thing is, the city itself is very hilly so a bit hard to get around. June is in the show/tourist season, so traffic is horrendous and lodging is expensive for the area. About an hour from Branson and bit to the west and just across the Arkansas border is Eureka Springs, also great riding, interesting shops in town, motorcycle friendly, and some interesting places to visit in the general area.

I went to my first rally this year and enjoyed it very much. I would like to see a National and Regional rallies since the group has grown so much. The National locational to be decided on by the members and the ones for regional can start a rally for there region.This would be fair to all. Maggie Valley is with-in my range but i can make anything on the east coast!

This was our first time on our trike to do the rally and it was a wonderful blast. We both feel to centralize the rally would be a start to possibly expanding the locations out to other beautiful places...The USA is LARGE and there's lots of new places to see..The Branson suggestion might be the ideal starting point for new adventures...Just our thoughts..Thanks C & M McMillan

I agree that this is a tough call. I have not been able to make the Maggie Valley Rallies, but my plans are already in the makings for the 2013 rally no matter where it is held. <br />
<br />
Famous words from the "Field of Dreams" movie---"Build it and they will come."

I appreciate everyone's input. What I am hearing is that having the main rally in a more central location and possibly moving it every 2-3 years might be the best soulution as it would be accessable to a majority of members. It would also keep it "fresh" as far as variety of different rides, scenery, dining, entertainment, etc. Eureka Springs, AK has been suggested so we are exploring that option.

Eureka Springs/ Harrison AR would be my vote also, I've not made it to Maggie Valley during the ralley yet! But I do plan on going next year where ever it is. Thanks to all who work hard on making these events happen.

Eureka Springs has my vote!!!!

Thanks for keeping everything fresh and alive!!!!

Many thanks to you, Marge and your inner support group

*Michigan will make a good showing and support

doug :wave4:

I fully understand the Membership wanting a New Area for the Rally, especially a more "Centralized in the USA" Location. This would definetly make it possible for Members, that in the past, have found it difficult to travel the distance required from Their Locations to get to Maggie Valley.

Sometimes these reasons have been health, expense, or work related. Maggie Valley has worked really well for Mitzie and I because with Our particular jobs, we can be Home in a few hours if we get a call that there is a problem(s). So far, this has never happened at the TRIKE TALK RALLY IN THE VALLEY, but it has happened to us at Past Motorcycle Events in the Smokies Area. Being the sole Managers of two seperate businesses, and still fully employed, we find it extremely difficult to ever get away for more than just a weekend. I also have the added burden now of my Mom's failing health, and my Father having to tend to Her 24/7, leaving me added work, and responsibilities that used to be shared between us.

A change in Location, and Longer Travel Time will take Mitzie and I out of the next RALLY at this time. Things may change someday, but right now, we have to work with Our present situation(s). As I first stated, this will definetly help Members from the "Non-East" and "South" attend Future Rallies. I fully hope this is the case, and fully support the decision to move it for the Full Betterment of the RALLY and Membership, since the voting tends to be leaning heavily in that direction. The main goal needs to be to mirror the success of the Past Rallies. Having attended the Last Three, They have been Great, and getting Larger and Better each time.

Eureka Springs has some Great Riding and Roads. I have ridden there twice in years past. Very centrally located also, for more westernly located Members, and within easy striking distance of a Lot of eastern Members. So, even if it moves Folks, for sure, make Your Plans to attend.....ThumbUp :10:

IMHO, Both points of view have their unassailable merits. Here are my thoughts, after having just attended & being involved in the Reno Rally:

You keep it where it is (Maggie Valley) & you effectively preclude all the "left-coasters", since it makes for a 12 day 'vacation' & a costly one at that! It's abt 2k miles one way. Consequently, the Maggie Valley rally will essentially be populated by mostly the same riders i.e., the east coasters, who undoubtedly are in the majority.

IF you opt for regional Rallies (like the one in Reno) you limit the attendance to "locals". And again, the same players. Hopefully of course, the Western rally will grow in numbers as the word gets out. Here also, location & time of the year are critical. We learned some lessons & will improve on it for the nxt go around. No reason why we cannot have a 'central rally' & regional rallies!

Having said all that, I still believe a central location like Branson or Eureka Springs makes it more accessible to the Forum as a whole, rather than catering to the 'majority'. And new faces to boot. TT V may lose some of the regulars to Maggie Valley but could concievably end up with a whole host of 'newbies' to the Rally.

Lastly, is the question of who? Why not a team? You don't have to be a local to book block space in 2-3 motels? But you would certainly need 'local pilots' who know the lay of the land, to set-up & organize the rides.

As we all know, what we actually have is a big, annual "Meet and Greet" and is not really a rally by definition. I agree that we could have several regional "Meet and Greets" each year in various locations, hosted by locals in their given area. I personally love Maggie Valley and will continue to go there as time and money allows. It wont be every year, but I will be back, that I know.

As for regional meet & greets, I know that there is already another gathering being planned in Florida by some of our Florida members.

As well all know, what we actually have is a big, annual "Meet and Greet" and is not really a rally by definition. I agree that we could have several regional "Meet and Greets" each year in various locations, hosted by locals in their given area. I personally love Maggie Valley and will continue to go there as time and money allows. It wont be every year, but I will be back, that I know.

For example, I know that there is already a gathering being planned in Florida by some of our Florida members.

Yep, Regional Meet-n-Greets are a Really Good Thing.....ThumbUp

Just remember that we had 250 members attend at Maggie Valley and we want to grow. Where can you find places for that many members + and find great riding and motels for $80.00. You won't find a motel in Branson for that price unless it is out of season. Just saying.

In talking with others who have actually organized such get-togethers, the key seems to be: number of motels, off-season in riding friendly (diverse rides possible) small towns.

Once we have narrowed down the possible locations to say one or 2 places, what about putting out a poll to see how many rider would come to either of these prospective locations versus Maggie Valley ??? That will give you your answer where to host the nxt Rally.

FYI: For the last Rally in Maggie Valley, I asked around to see if any one would join me in the 4 day ride out to NC but couldn't find a single taker. 2300 miles one way is not everybody's cup o'tea.

Since this year was our first Rally, I would love to go back to Maggie Valley. To be able to get those two motels in Maggie Valley at the end of June, Wow! Biggest issue I see in moving the Rally around is the amount of leg work/volunteers needed to get it set up, let alone at the time of the year it's been held. That being said, we spent a week in "Marble Falls, Arkansas" at a place called "The Hub", http://www.hubinfo.com/. Branson, MO has a lot to offer but it's also very busy and difficult to get through town. We enjoyed everyone we met this year and will try to make the Rally next year no matter where it is held. Ride Safe!

Live it alone there a lot in different part of the country that have rallie that i cannot go to so i go to the one i can that the way it is and i thank that a lot of other people thank the same way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tmorri1
Back