Trike Dyno Locations

Mike, I believe I should be saying thank you since you originally recommended Larry's. After your recommendation I took a ride down and checked the place out for myself and was pleased with my experience. However, at first I thought the quoted price was on the high side but after my recent tune it was money well spent. Overall I am very happy with the results.

Good luck with the new addition and hope all works out for you and the wife.

Greg

Price of a tune can sure vary from place to place, but when you look at the cost to install the dyno plus maintain it. Then pay for the wages of the guy tuning and make a little profit, its going to cost especially when they charge one flat price. A tune can be something that takes as little as 3 or 4 hours to a full day depending on the build. When I had JD's Cycle works tune my 06 Ultra they took a day and a half to tune it. The first part of a day was to just break the engine in on the dyno since it was all brand new, the rest of the time was getting it tuned in and then riding it to make sure it was right when on the road.

What kind of price range are we talking about? $100 - $300 - $600 -$1000?

Will any of these places take a reservation for someone coming from another state? I assume if it takes a day to do you would have to make arrangements for lodging. Once you get a dynotune, does it ever go out of tune and then need to spend another bunch of $$$$$$ to retune (like the old tuneup days)or is it "set it and forget it" - unless you change something?

Never had engine work done on any bike until I just had a H-D race tuner put on my TG. The dealer just did a generic map without a dyno.

I'm still hesitant (cheap) about spending money on engine work. I've always maintained stock bikes. :)

Will any of these places take a reservation for someone coming from another state? I assume if it takes a day to do you would have to make arrangements for lodging. Once you get a dynotune, does it ever go out of tune and then need to spend another bunch of $$$$$$ to retune (like the old tuneup days)or is it "set it and forget it" - unless you change something?

Never had engine work done on any bike until I just had a H-D race tuner put on my TG. The dealer just did a generic map without a dyno.

I'm still hesitant (cheap) about spending money on engine work. I've always maintained stock bikes. :)
The cost at Larry's Sports center was $500 and it took about 6 hours.

The tune will not change unless you have additional engine work or need to change the ECM for some reason. All in all I am very pleased with the results and glad I had it done. You do need an appointment and if interested their web site is listed below.

Pennsylvania, Harley, Harley-Davidson, Yamaha, ATV, Motorcycle, Dealer, Larry's Sport Center

Greg

Have you checked out Ottos in spring Grove yet?? I hear they do good work..I think they have a dyno for Trikes??

Rawhide H-D in Olathe, Kansas has a trike dyno. I haven't had mine on it yet so I'm not much help on what kind of job they do.

Just a thought, if all you need is a dyno to tell ya what you have for torque & horse power most automotive dynos will work. But if you are after a tune on a dyno, well, you can get a readout of your AFR & gas readings & graph it so you can make changes and come back for another run. Unless the owner of the dyno is looking for a project. So take your laptop, & software with you! Heck, maybe they will want to start doing Trikes...........

Had my 2010 SG done at Heritage HD in concord nh. in 2011 while at laconia. V&H true duels, Rush slipons, SE 255. cams, SE Pro Tuner, 38 mm throttle body, 2 piece push rods, HD Hi Flow, SE Complete clutch package.82 HP at rear wheel. Also updated Came Bearings and Oil Pump. Awesome, Kevin and the crew did a great job. However, may of last year went??? to Surburban HD/ Surburban Speed in Thiensville Wi. just north of Milwaukee . Did their 107 kit. Includes TMann 600 Cams, Stock Lifters, their headwork with 1.9 intakes, Mahle Pistons, back to stock Throttle Body, Kometic Gaskets, Hi Flow with K&N filter. 100 HP at Rear Wheel, More Awesome. It is as reliable as stock and its fast with a lot of bottom end torque. Rick and the crew in service did an awesome job. Also changed front belt sprocket from 32 to 30 teeth. Disappointed. Very minimal gain on bottom end and took a lot of top end away. Rick suggested I try it with stock sprocket first but I insisted. Point here is in spite of making more money on the job they didn't think itwas a good idea. Pretty Honest People. In a couple of weeks putting stock sprocket back on with a Baker DD7 transmission. Let you know how that works. I live in Jersey and would go back to Surburban to get future work of this sort done. Oh, I think Frederich HD in Frederich MD. has dyno also.

Don't know that I'll dyno my 2010 wing as I may trade it on a tri glide HD , not that the wings not a darn good bike (trike) but I just love the looks of the Tri Glide and I am not into speed any more my sport bikes did that for me years ago.

I don't know if my dealer can dyno Trikes, But he does Bikes., Even If he could could do mine, I wouldn't have it done, Mostly because i really don't care how much h/p it's putting out. Or if they can swieze a little more performance out of it also.

Then there's the disclaimer that you have sign before they will put it on the Dyno.
Sought of like if the engine blows, Its on your dime not theirs.
Just my opinion, Now ten or fifteen years ago I would have it strapped up and Dynoed in a heart beat.:wave4:

Shiawassee Sports Center, which selling and services Harley-Davidson motorcycles now has a Dynojet 250IX Dynamometer that can Dyno Trikes and 4 wheelers. There are located in Birch Run, Mi

I came across this thread as I'm a rookie at this and trying to learn all I can. You folks likely know this but for others like me I thought I'd give a web link I found that was very helpful in finding locations near where I live.

Motorcycle Dyno Owners List

Once at Dynojet's website, select that location you want to check and then look for shops with the 250xi equipment in their list.
I'm sure there are likely more brands and types of equipment to look for that I'm not aware of but this was a starting point for me.

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Obsidian
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png