Radio, Music or sound of the wind?

What do you listen to when you ride your trike?

• Music

Votes: 184 40.6%
  • Radio

Votes: 88 19.4%
  • GPS

Votes: 5 1.1%
  • Only the wind and traffic!

Votes: 176 38.9%

• Total voters
I listen to a symphony; the whine of the cam gears, the chatter of the valvetrain, the throaty voice of true dual headers, laughter that gets drowned out by all the above. Radio? The only thing on her that has not been modified. I have not even bothered setting any station presets! My wifes bike has shotgun straight pipes, so our intercom is a look, hand signal, or tongue stuck out.

40 Years of riding bikes i never had or wanted a radio/music, Since i bought my Tri Glide , I started to use the CD, Now i can't ride anywhere without turning it on.

When we rode the Voyager 1200s I thoroughly enjoyed listening to the music while on the road, then felt it was a distraction in traffic and had to turn it down. Those Voyagers were great - they were so comfortable, a couple of times we found ourselves almost nodding off cruising down the highway. After the Voyagers the cruisers we bought didn't have a sound system - so have enjoyed the "peace" of wind, thoughts and smells - plus you actually have to handle them, unlike the Voyagers, so no nodding off. Now we've just bought the GW trike and we haven't been on it often enough to figure out all the buttons - cold weather came in hard and early and is lingering in West Texas, dang it!

My co-pilot and I listen to 60's on 6 XM radio. On a long ride you never have to be searching for a channel. We also talk a lot and sometimes I have to wake her up after a nice meal and the open road. Do they make seat belts for the co-pilot? Have you ever got a helmet in the back of yours stopping at a stop sign? Rod69

Wanting to keep my senses from being compromised, it's the sound of traffic noises in case it offers a head's up, the sound of the machine percolating or listening for abnormal sounds that might indicate mechanical problems.......essentially, knowing the sound of the machine, being in tune with it when it's running well or paying close attention if it's not quite up to snuff.

Only music would be a quiet road song playing inside my head......;)

I know I had responded to this thread quite awhile ago when I had my Valkyrie trike. At that time, the Valk had no radio or other setup for music. Now with my (new to me) 2005 Goldwing/Roadsmith, I'm also installing a digital music player which accepts a thumb drive that'll be filled with all of my favorite 50s and early 60s music. That's what I'll be listening to in my future rides! ThumbUp

I never wanted the radio on my 11 T/G, But they only come with one.
One day i bought an I-pod shuffle, And my Son loaded it up with my favorite 50's and 60's songs, Plugged it in the Auxiliary and now i ride with it on all the time.
Go figure :Shrug:

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CedarRonin

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CedarRonin
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png