sportster with reverse

titus3:5

Reaction score
Is there such a thing?????? Seems I have seen a kit to convert a bike to trike with a reverse gear sort of a starter gear for a reverse, seems i saw it in Missouri, but cant find it now. Any body aware of such a company. I know the sportster is light, and most dont need a reverse, but now with the wifes accident, she could certainly benefit from it.

I converted my Sportster to a trike using the Roadsmith HDSS kit. It has electric reverse.

Motor Trike also offers an electric reverse for their independant suspension kit for the sportster also.

I converted my Sportster to a trike using the Roadsmith HDSS kit. It has electric reverse.

Many companies offer an electronic reverse that is independant of the transmission on the bike. On the other hand, a sporty is very light weight, and would be about the easiest species to not have a reverse on. ThumbUp :Trike1:

I was always thankful for the reverse on my Sportster Roadsmith Trike. It weighted about 1100-1200 lbs. and it was sure nothing I could push anywhere.

I was always thankful for the reverse on my Sportster Roadsmith Trike. It weighted about 1100-1200 lbs. and it was sure nothing I could push anywhere.

Dayum-that is a very weighty conversion. Sportsters weigh between 550-590 lbs depending on the model without the conversion. If your trike really does weigh that much-you need a reverse in it, absolutely! :wave4: ThumbUp

That electric reverse must weigh 200 pounds or more. :AGGHH: :AGGHH:

- - - Updated - - -

I have a 2008 with Frankenstein trike conversion. Can a reverse be put on the older Harley's?

Reverse Gear is available for Big Twins with a stock 5 or 6 speed transmission. If you have a Retro-6 speed, or an aftermarket transmission, reverse gear is not available.
You could always modify one though !! :AGGHH:

Reverse for Sportster

I can push my Sportster trike, but it weighs about 600 lbs. For a 71 year old grandma, reverse would be a nice option. I enjoy riding and working on my Harley.

Eurowing has a sportster kit with a parking brake and reverse located in the rear differential. go to eurowingusa.

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stag man
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png