Highway Peg Mod

This is my second mod on my wing that I just bought last month. I found the Highway pegs that were on the bike to be very uncomfortable. I am 5"-10" and have long legs and always felt I was wrapping my legs around the fairing to get to the Highway pegs. Not to mention getting burned while wearing shorts on the cylinder head.

So today I headed down to Menards, bought 2 Stainless Steel Hex Bolts, 4 Chrome washers and one 1" chrome sleeve. This brought the highway pegs out 1-1/4" to a much more comfortable riding position for me. About a $20 fix.............:D

This is my second mod on my wing that I just bought last month. I found the Highway pegs that were on the bike to be very uncomfortable. I am 5"-10" and have long legs and always felt I was wrapping my legs around the fairing to get to the Highway pegs. Not to mention getting burned while wearing shorts on the cylinder head.

So today I headed down to Menards, bought 2 Stainless Steel Hex Bolts, 4 Chrome washers and one 1" chrome sleeve. This brought the highway pegs out 1-1/4" to a much more comfortable riding position for me. About a $20 fix.............:D

Darn good idea. I am 5' 7" and find that I can barely reach the ones that I have. Perhaps this solution would work for me as well......definitely something to look in to.....

The other option would be to get the 6" long arms for those Highway pegs. I believe they come with 4-1/2" arms. That would get the cruise pegs closer to your feet if its too far away. Mine were pretty close with them adjusted all the way back towards the driver but I wanted them a little farther away from the engine.

Is that something that's custom or available through one of the online dealers? If that's the case could you provide a link?....

I included a link above for that 6" arm that Kuryakyn makes. :)

Thanks. Got the link. So I went out and measured mine. Unfortunately, I already have the 6 inch ones on there. So I suppose that I am just stuck with what I have.......Oh well......guess that means I'll have to tinker to come up with a solution.......:gah:

I got the Stainless Hex bolts that were 2-1/2" long for this mod. There were 3 in the package and they were 1/2" X 13 I believe. I just brought my Highway peg setup with in the store so I had them with and made sure the other bolts and sleeve fit correctly. Menards has all lengths of chromed sleeves so what ever you want to accomplish length wise they will have. I added the 2 washers on each end so I didnt have to cut down the bolt at all. Worked out perfect length wise.

I went for a ride today and they were the exact correct length I needed and was much more comfortable than before and got my legs away from the motor more.

I was under 6 foot.. once! :D

Those look great on your trike..great idea.. A trike with out highway pegs..sux!
I really like the idea of moving them away from the engine but do not like the idea of you riding in shorts!!! :Shrug:

Its been real hot this summer and I like to be comfortable while riding. Plus I don't have anyone to impress. ;) If you go down on a bike shorts verse long pants wont make much of a difference IMO.

Usually, I'll even have my chaps on. If not those then it's a good pair of Levi's. Not those cheap-ass Wally World ones either. Never, EVER, will you see me on a bike in shorts. Unless all I am doing is moving the bike around while cleaning.

I have the Ergo II's also but they came with the 4-1/2" extensions. It was either mod them to kick the pegs out sideways or buy the 6" arms for $50 and then the pegs would be closer to me which seemed like it would be more uncomfortable to me riding wise since I like to stretch the legs out.

Its been real hot this summer and I like to be comfortable while riding. Plus I don't have anyone to impress. ;) If you go down on a bike shorts verse long pants wont make much of a difference IMO.

I used to ride in shorts from time to time. Then, on a 105-degree day this summer, I discovered that the combination of the temperature and the heat coming off the engine was overwhelming when I had my feet on the highway pegs. I switched over to my jeans and that solved the problem. I never would have believed it if it hadn't happened to me.

I used to ride in shorts from time to time. Then, on a 105-degree day this summer, I discovered that the combination of the temperature and the heat coming off the engine was overwhelming when I had my feet on the highway pegs. I switched over to my jeans and that solved the problem. I never would have believed it if it hadn't happened to me.

You are clearly a "TRUE, DIE-HARD TRIKER", lol. :laugh:

To go out riding in 105 degree heat is beyond my imagination. :Shrug: I won't even go outside when its that hot. :AGGHH: ;)

Need to check out Mic-O-Pegs also.I don't have them however friends do and swear by them.They allow you to stretch legs straight out and down,under the engine not around it.Can't use them in twisties (on a 2-wheeler) and won't work on a trike with running boards.
Rich,you must not have attended Wing Ding this year,100+ every day.A lot of die-hards were there.Hottest riding I have ever done,except for trying to go to Sturgis one year.So hot we wound up in Yellowstone,as did a lot of other bikers,it was cooler there.

Rich,you must not have attended Wing Ding this year,100+ every day.A lot of die-hards were there.Hottest riding I have ever done,except for trying to go to Sturgis one year.So hot we wound up in Yellowstone,as did a lot of other bikers,it was cooler there.

Sonny,

I really do wish I had a higher tolerance for the hot weather! :Shrug: It just drives me crazy and I can't see trying to ride when I'm miserable due to the heat. That's why I do most of my riding during the Fall, Winter & Spring. I can always get comfortable putting more clothing on when it's very cold.

They say the older you get, the more you tend to like the heat. Well,, I seem to be going the other way, lol.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hankypanky55

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hankypanky55
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png